Love

POV J
After the doctor leaves Liz is crying.
J: Why are you crying?
L: I'm the reason she was sick.
J:  What do you mean?
L: I didn't know she had a milk allergy. Your mom spent an hour with her and knew .  I'm an awful mother.
J: If you compare yourself to mom you will feel bad.  She really is like an intuitive Saint. Look I'm sorry when you sent that you weren't pregnant I blocked you.
L: I did bleed but they said that was probably the embryo implanting. I'm sorry I lied about birth control.
J: The past is the past. We have this beautiful baby now. Let's go outside and talk.

We walk around and sit on the patio.

J: I will take care of this baby.  I want you to take care of yourself.
L: Could we try again?
J: For what?
L: A romantic relationship.
J: I'm not sure about that.  You broke my trust.
L: I understand.
J: Why did you lie to me?
L: I didn't have much of a family growing up, so when I came here and met your family I wanted to be a part of it.  I was afraid you were going to throw me to the side once you got big. I thought a baby would keep us together.
J: I have to think about it. I will have a relationship with you for my daughter, but I'm not sure about the other.
L: I understand.
J: Why did you name her Charlotte?
L: The whole time I was pregnant I wanted sweet tea and crackling corn bread. I figured she was like her grandmother.
J: She looks like her.
L: Yes she does. I hope she acts like her too. Your mom is pretty amazing. 
J: Yes she is. How long can she stay?
L: Your dad asked for the whole week. I'm ok with that.
J:  You can come see her if you would like just call ahead so we can open the gate.
L: Thank you.
J: Rick is going to be calling about a parenting plan and child support.
L: He did.  When would you like to sit down and go over it?
J: Tomorrow sounds ok?
L: Sure.
J: Sounds good. Liz.

I give her a hug thank you. I'm sorry I wasn't there. I'm here now.

I kiss her forehead and she cries.

J: Hey what is that about?

She pulls me down into a kiss and holds me close.

L: I love you J. I know you may not say it back, but I love you. I will see you tomorrow.