The Big Bugball Game

A/N: I kinda added my own rule to Bugball kuhksc-

"So...Flossie. When exactly were you gonna tell us about that water bending thing?" Anne asked, pushing a cart of vegetables through Wartwood. It was only Anne and Flossie at the moment, since the Plantar's, Jean and Pebbs had gone ahead to prepare their stands.
Flossie scratched the back of her head. "Oh, yeah, that. Aha, uh...well, I don't know. There wasn't really a need to tell anyone, I guess." She replied. Anne hummed in response. "Eh, I guess it's understandable. If bad people found out, then we would be in BIG trouble. Good thing that there aren't bad people here, am I right?" She laughed.
Flossie nervously chuckled, realising what Anne said was true.

They approached Sprig, who was surveying the town of Wartwood. "Ah, Harvest Day. My favourite holiday." Sprig sighed. Polly bounced toward her brother. "I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!" She said. Anne glanced around with a grin, leaning on the cart. "I get it. Frog Thanksgiving."
Jean walked up beside them, pointing at a giant bird-like insect. "You even have a turkey."
The "turkey" turned to them, letting out a horrifying shriek. Jean shuddered at the sight. "I'll never get used to that." She muttered. Anne chuckled, elbowing the older girl. "Eh, who are you kidding, shorty. You'll eat it." She laughed. Jean crossed her arms. "I'm not THAT short, Anne." She replied bluntly.
Anne only laughed again, pumping her arms in the air. "Harvest Day! I'm all in!"
Hop Pop walked up to them, motioning to the cart. "Alright, Anne. How 'bout you put these turnips "all in" our display? Jean you can help too. After all you're here to help, not just laze around and watch." He finished. Jean stared after him in silent disbelief, as the Plantar children, Anne and Flossie all burst into laughter. "Alright, alright. Let's get this over with."
Hearing hammering behind them, Anne glances over her shoulder to see a sign saying "Go Farmers" being hung over a stand. "Go Farmers? What's that all about?" She asked, gesturing back to the sign. Flossie gasped. "It's the big Bugball game, of course!" She stated, climbing up Jean's back to sit on her shoulders. "Every year, Wartwood plays a friendly game of Bugball." Hop Pop explained, pointing at a sign that read "Farmers vs Townies". "Farmers-that's us-versus the Townies!"
Polly crossed her arms angrily. "And every year, the Townies destroy us! It's humiliating." She groaned. "And to top it off, the losers have to wear these ridiculous costumes for a whole week." Sprig included, holding up an image of a sad frog wearing a turkey outfit. "Those outfits are so itchy." Hop Pop complained.
Anne walked by them with the cart, bouncing a turnip in one hand. "Whew, tough break you guys. Hey, do you think I can make this?" She asked, tossing a turnip into basket. She did this with two more turnips, as the Plantar's, Flossie, and even a few Farmers stopped to watch in amazement.
"Ha! Three-for-three, baby." Anne dabbed.
"Anne, where'd you learn to shoot like that?" Hop Pop marvelled. Anne scoffed at his question. "Learn? I don't know if you've noticed, but I have natural athletic ability." Anne stated, showing off one last shoot. The crowd cheered, but Jean scoffed, placing Flossie back down on the ground. "C'mon, admit it, you learned most of that stuff from me. Remember our special move?" She asked, picking up a turnip from the cart. Anne prepared herself, standing a distance away from Jean. Jean drop-kicked the turnip, sending it flying toward Anne. The younger human jumped, catching the ball mid-air and tossing it backwards into the basket. More cheering went up.
"You two would be perfect for Bugball!" Hop Pop cried. "If you guys join our team, we might actually win!" Sprig piped up.
"Win? Ha! Not in a million years!" Laughter erupted from a certain amphibian, and the group turned to see Mayor Toadstool, standing in front of a group of amphibians consisting of six players, Toadstool included. "Hello, Farmers. Allow me to introduce this year's Townie team. First, we got Lydia, four time frog-lympian-"
Jean zoned out in the introduction, crossing her arms in boredom as she leaned against Anne's cart.
"-And last but not least, Toadie, who is surprisingly good at this."
Toadie showed off his skills, bouncing the bugball and doing fancy tricks. "Mm-hmm, yes. Scary stuff, huh? Be careful you Farmers don't SOIL yourselves on the field. Haha! Did you hear that? Soil? Cause they're farmers!"
The rest of the Townies laughed at Mayor Toadstool's joke. The Farmers all groaned. Anne and Jean glanced around in pity, before nodding at each other, huge smirks on their face as they had the same thought. "Sorry, Mayor. Farmers are gonna win this year." Jean stated, crossing her arms once again. Anne wrapped an arm around Jean's shoulders. "Because they've got us. Our worlds best footy player, and the best tennis player around." She declared.
The Farmer's all looked up to them with hope-filled expressions. "We're gonna beat you and your fancy Townie team." Anne continued. Toadstool scoffed with a huge smirk. "Well, I'll certainly enjoy watching you try." He said. "Townies, move out." With that, they all backed up, standing under the shade of a stand.
"We can still see you!" Flossie pointed out. Toadstool started scooching out of sight, the rest of his gang following. "No you can't!"
"Huh, guess we should probably learn how to play Bugball." Anne said. The farmers agreed.
The turkey from before burst free from its pen, sending the Farmers into a panic as they scattered.

The Plantar's, another frog, Mrs. Croaker, Anne and Jean were out on the Bugball field. Flossie and Polly watched them, Mrs. Croaker's pet sitting between them. "What's up?" Polly asked the pet, Archie. Archie stopped panting for a minute, staring at the Pollywog before returning back to the game. Flossie shrugged. "So how've you been?" She asked casually. Polly shrugged. "Eh, not too bad, how about yourself?"
"Good, good."