The Plantars Check In

The sun shone bright on the castle, where the king of Amphibia was waiting for Anne, Jean and the Plantars. Marcy led them through the castle, as her visitors stared in wonder at it.

"Dang, girl. This is where you've been hanging out this whole time?" Anne asks her friend. Marcy chuckles, waving her off. "I wouldn't say I "hang out" here, but yes! Staying at the castle has been awesome!"
Flossie squeals. "This is AMAZING! We're about to meet the king!" She pumps her fist as she walks. The axolotl was still wearing her cloak, not wanting to draw too much attention to herself.
Sprig nods, agreeing with Flossie's statement. "Yeah! I can't believe we're here!"
"Ditto!"

Jean was a little more concerned. Yes, she was equally as excited and nervous to meet the royalty of amphibia, just like her fellow companions. But for the last half hour, she felt another emotion...anger? Hatred?
And with each minute, it was getting worse. The human couldn't understand it. For now, she was attempting to shove that feeling down.

Hop Pop looks around, walking behind the others. "Wow, just look at this place!" He stops, insecure thoughts filling his head. "Am I dressed okay? Should I have worn my silk ascot? I'll go back and get it!" He tries to go back to the fwagon to retrieve the ascot, when Marcy stops him.
"Hey, hey. Don't stress, guys! This is no big deal." She tries to reassure.

The doors at the end of the hall opens, and out comes Lady Olivia. She hurries towards the travellers. "Okay, frog family. You're about to meet King Andrias. This is a big deal." She says in a darker, strict tone. Everyone gulps, now anxious.

Flossie's smile falls, as she looks at Lady Olivia, then at the large doors before them. Memories from the previous day with Lilly swarmed around her head. In just a few seconds, the axolotl felt dread filling her gut, as she pulls the hood further over her head.

Marcy looks over to see Flossie was now quiet, nervously looking at the large doors. She kneels down next to her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Flossie Blossie. What's wrong? Aren't you excited to see the king?" She asks.
Flossie whimpers, looking between the ground and the doors. "Y-yeah. I-i am excited to see the king! It's just..." she pauses, tears beginning to form in her eyes.
"Just what?"
"W-what if he doesn't like me?" She looks up at Marcy, her gut twisting in anxiety.

"Whaaaat? That's crazy, Floss! Andrias likes everybody, and I know he's gonna love you!" She says matter-of-factly, pointing at Flossie's chest. Flossie looks down. "How do you know?"

Marcy holds Flossie's hand, eyes sparkling with determination. "Because you are an adorable little thang, who spreads love where ever she goes." She states. The axolotl smiles. Filled with new confidence, she wipes away the stray tears, nodding her head. Walking forward, she follows after Lady Olivia.

Jean places a hand on Marcy's shoulder, sending the girl a thankful smile. "Thanks, Mar-mar." She says softly. Marcy grins, giving her a thumbs up. "Hey, no prob!"

——

Lady Olivia led them into the throne room. Angelic voices sing as they enter, and the intricate designs captivated everyone. They gasp in wonder, approaching the throne. Lady Olivia bows, introducing the king.
"May I present to you Andrias Leviathan, Lord of Amphibia, Peacekeeper of a thousand years and the first of his name."

Everyone looks up at the throne, gasping. "Now that's king-sized." Anne breathes. Flossie's jaw drops, eyes sparkling. Before them sat the king, partly obscured from their view by the light shining behind him. The giant newt stares down at them.

"Hello, Plantar family!" The king greets, a huge grin covering his features. He starts cackling at their reactions. Getting up, he steps down from the throne, arms wide open. "Oh, bring it in, you guys. Bring it in!"
Hop Pop ushers the kids to bow. But the king merely picks them up, hugging them. "It's so good to finally meet you!" Andrias laughs. Flossie, Polly, Sprig and Hop Pop found it hard to breathe for a moment, but he just as quickly put them back down. Polly gets up first. "I LOVE this guy!" She yells excitedly.
Flossie was the next to get up, flapping her hands excitedly. "I was just hugged by the king of amphibia!" She breathes, grinning widely.