Reunion

Three months earlier...

A school bell rang out, as Anne rode her bike to school. Finishing up putting her bike away, a girl with red hair walked up to her. "Hey, Boobchuy! Whatcha eaten? A puke bun?" She cackled at her own joke, while Anne stared blankly at her.
"It's not a bun, Maggie. It's Khao niew bing, a traditional Thai snack made up of rice and coconut." Anne explained. "My mom made it for me because it's my birthday."
Maggie looked at the Thai snack. "Oh, happy birthday. Give me that!" She snatched Anne's snack, and the two wrestled over it for a few seconds.
"Hey! Get your own Thai mom!"
"Hey, Margot!" A voice called out. Maggie looked up, finding Sasha, the most popular girl in school, glaring down at her.
"Leave her alone. Also, nice guitar solo, Vince." Sasha commented, before returning her gaze to the two girls.
Maggie glared at the her. "Oh yeah? Or else what?" She asked. Sasha walked over to the two girls. "Or else you can forget coming to my awesome house party next week. It'll be really sad when the whole class is enjoying the pool without you." Sasha smirked. This seemed to change Maggie's mind, immediately returning the Thai snack to Anne before walking away.
"Thanks dude!" Anne thanked, as Sasha smiled. "No worries. You just gotta speak their language. But never mind that. Happy birthday, girl!"
The two besties squealed, doing a high-five as Sasha twirled Anne around.
The school bell rung, signalling the start of class. Sasha groaned. "Buzzkill."

"Alright, class. Todays your lucky day cause its Frog Dissection day!" The teacher yelled excitedly. The classroom groaned, and Anne looked down at the dead frog laying in front of her. Turning it over, she shuddered at the sight. "Frogs are the worst." She complained. Sasha moved closer to her, an idea forming. "Right? Let's get out of here." She murmured.
The blonde began heaving. "Mrs. Virk, the sight of blood...I-i'm gonna be sick!" She cried dramatically. The teacher walked over, carrying a dead frog in her hands. "Oh dear. Anne, why don't you take Sasha to the sick room before she desecrates these beautiful frog bodies with her vomit. Thank you!" Mrs. Virk giggled, walking away.

The two girls giggled as they ran down the hallway. Sasha ripped a poster off the wall as she rushed by, Anne not too far behind.
Reaching the nurse's office, Sasha ran by. Anne stopped by the door. "Yo, Sasha. Sick rooms over here." She called out.
Sasha let out a sigh. "Forget the sickroom. Forget school. Let's get out of here and celebrate your birthday in style." She smirked. Anne wasn't so sure on that idea, rubbing her hands together nervously. "Off, skip school? I don't know, Sash..."
"Anne, this is your 13th birthday. You only get one of these. So let's make it the best birthday in the history of birthdays." She said, wrapping an arm around Anne's shoulder.
Anne thought over this, before letting out a sigh. "Well...alright. I gotta be home by 6:00, though. My parents are throwing a big party and they really want me to be there."
Sasha waved her hand. "Right, right, you got it. Now let's get this thing started! And nothings better than having a third party!" She squealed, pulling out her phone. The phone screen already had Jean's name, and Sasha began typing away as they snuck out of school. "She said she can come! Let's go meet her out the back!"

Anne and Sasha found Jean leaning against the school's wall, scrolling through her phone. Hearing their footsteps, the 15yo looked up. She smiled as she greeted them. "Hey Sash! Hey Anne! Happy birthday!" She said, embracing the two girls a tight hug.
Sasha chuckled. "So, what are you doing out of school?" She asked. Jean shrugged. "I was just hanging out with Charlie. She had to go home right before you texted me." She replied nonchalantly.
Sasha smirked, nudging the older teen. "Ooh la-la~" she winked. Jean ruffled her hair, cheeks tinted pink. "Shut it ya lil trouble-maker." She chuckled.
Sasha brushed her hand off. "Ok, ok. Let's get this party started!" She said, pulling the two girls close.

———————————

Jean pulled out her bike, following Anne and Sasha as the two zoomed off on the birthday girl's bike.

The older teen struggled to keep up, since the two had a head start.

———————————

Jean was versing Sasha in a dance-battle, the game beeping as Jean laughed, stepping off the mat. "Top score!"
Anne chuckled, when Sasha kicked the game, causing a bunch of coins to fall out. Anne wasnt impressed, but didn't say anything.

———————————

Sasha used spray cans to graffiti her name on a wall, tossing Anne and Jean one as well. Jean went to do it somewhere else, while Anne freaked out about the cop car that went by.

———————————

Sasha pushed a trolley with Anne inside, as Jean followed behind on her bike. An elderly lady was crossing the path, and Jean freaked out, slowing down. However, Sasha jumped onto the shopping cart, hollering at the top of her lungs. Anne, however, was screaming in terror.
"Out of the way, Granny!" She yelled, as the woman barely had enough time to dodge the incoming cart. Jean stopped by her, helping her to her feet. "I'm so sorry about that-"
The woman hit her on the head with a hand-bag, yelling curses at her. Jean scurried off to catch up to the two runaway girls.

———————————