3.4

~  What are your thoughts on Jack and Amber's relationship?   ~

Amber's P.O.V

After finding myself going down a wormhole of thoughts regarding Jack, I force myself to focus on something else; no longer wanting my negative assumptions to consume me.

I begin to focus my attention on the screen in front of me, allowing the remote to help guide me through different movie selections. My finger clicks through every horror movie, having me find nothing of interest.

A slight sigh escapes my lips as I navigate my way through different movie options. After not finding anything that interests me for a few minutes, I finally click out of the Netflix application before going onto peacock. Once the app finally loads, the movie The Notebook comes up in my suggestions, catching my eye.

I can't believe I've never seen this movie

I click on the movie before going to watch the trailer in order to contemplate whether or not I wanted to watch it.

As the trailer starts playing, my eyes remained locked on the screen as I start to feel fascinated by the plot of the story. I let the video play to its full length before deciding on watching this movie.

Just as I find us the perfect movie to watch, I hear Jacks shower water turn off, resulting in him emerging from the bathroom shortly after. My eyes instantly connect with his as he steps from out the doorframe, having them start to wonder his bare skin instinctively.

Jack sends me a faint smirk at the action before shaking his hair in order to get rid of any excess water. He then turns towards his dresser in order to find himself some clothes before speaking up.

"Did you find us a good movie to watch?" Jack questions as he pulls out a pair of boxers along with some sweat shorts.

"Yeah, I watched the trailer to The Notebook, and I've never seen it before so I thought it'd be a cute movie for us to watch." I explained to him as he brings his pair of boxers up his legs, underneath his towel before discarding it next to him

Jack turns his entire body in order to face me, before sending me a genuinely confused look.

"The Notebook?" He questions while stepping into his sweats.

     I nod my head at him in response, having him speak up once more.

                  "Isn't that the movie about that couple that's in love or something? I feel like it's going to be cliché." Jack states as he grabs the bag of Chinese food before bringing it over to the bed.

                   "Oh, so you've never seen it before either?" I ask as he takes a seat down next to me.

                    "Nah, I've never wanted to. It always looked stupid to me." Jack says in response as he begins to dig in the brown bag, separating each of our meals and organizing it before us.

                   "Okay, well then we don't have to watch it. You can pick something else to watch." I say, feeling bad for making him watch something that he has such negative feelings about.

                      "No it's okay babe, if you want to watch it we can watch it."  He urges, causing me to become slightly taken back.

                       "A-are you sure? We really don't have to watch it if you-" I started before being cut off by Jack snatching the remote out of my hand and pressing play on the movie.