8.2

I just want to take a moment to reimplement the trigger warning. This half of the book is going to include some dark themes. There will be many triggering and sensitive subjects so please proceed with caution. This book may become hard to read at times (hopefully) butt I just want to say that you have been warned🤒🤍

Amber's P.O.V

            I cry silently to myself, feeling the car continue to sway as my arms remain hooked against the metal frames behind me. Different sniffles can be heard around the space as my body continues to fall into the person sitting beside me.

Everything is going to be okay.

Jack will save me.

Jack will bring me out of this place.

They trust Jack, he can get them to understand.

I just need him to listen to me. I need him to hear my side of the story instead of what he thinks may have happened.

Once he realizes the truth, I know he'll bring me out of this place.

I just know it.

After riding around in this uncomfortable position for what felt like hours, the car finally comes to a stop. Panic begins to take over me as I feel my breathing hitch, making me feel as if I were going to hyperventilate.

                 The sound of the van or bus door opening catches my attention, having me turn my head to the direction of the sound as a bit of light begins to seep through the cloth bag covering my face.

                            "Which three do we take with us?"  An unfamiliar voice calls out.

              The man he was speaking to says nothing in response as I assume he may have pointed to the three girls in which he is supposed to take. The sound of different footsteps grows deeper into the vehicle, causing me to shudder in fear as I hope that I wasn't one of the three.

              My hopes become crushed and my fears are confirmed as the feeling of someone pulling my body forward catches me off guard. My body instantly jumps at the feeling of his touch, having me cry out as the man begins to undo the chains from behind my back.

               Different screams are heard throughout the vehicle as the two other girls can be heard getting dragged out of the car.

                             "Pleaseeee! Please no!!! Please don't do this to me!" I cry out, pleading for dear life as the man yanks me off of the bench by my arm.

          The man wraps his free hand around the chains between my handcuffs, gaining full control of my arms as he ignores my cries. I stumble down the small flight of steps, feeling the cold breeze hit me as the man continues to drag me forward.

I take a deep breath in efforts to calm my intense nerves as I feel my bare feet seep into the soft soil underneath me. A plethora of different masculine voices are heard around me as they speak to one another in a language that I couldn't understand.

Everything is going to be okay Amber.

Just calm down.

This is all a dream.

None of this is real.

It'll all be over soon.

            The sound of different machinery grows louder as I'm guided through the grassy fields.

                        "This one goes to basement level 3. I'm pretty sure this is the one that Zac sent in." The man holding me speaks as he lets go of my arm, pushing me slightly forward.