Chapter 6

It's the night of the charity ball for the kingdoms group home the ballroom is full of vampire royalty and nobility I agreed to let Damon be my date. 

"Lilith go enjoy the ball with Damon." my mother suggested. 

Damon took me by the hand and led me out onto the dance floor the band was playing a slow song we were slow dancing with other couples around us. As Damon and I were dancing I laid my head on his chest and smiled contently. When the song ended, we made our way over to the refreshment table Damon handed me a glass of punch. 

"Damon thanks again for being my date." 

"You are more than welcome Lilith." 

"Oh, look it's the rebel princess and the stable boy." Annabel announced, approaching us. 

"Go away Annabel and leave us alone!!" I hissed, flashing my fangs. 

"You better watch your back Lilith." 

I felt Damon grab my arm and pulled me out of the ballroom before I tore Annabel apart. 

"Lilith calm down don't let her or Olivia get to you, your bigger than they are." Damon said. 

"Your right I shouldn't let them get under my skin like this." I sighed. 

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?" 

"Yes, I was wondering when you were going to ask me to be your girlfriend." 

He took me by the hand and led me back into the ballroom Damon led me out onto the dance floor and danced another slow dance. 

"I don't think Annabel or Olivia are pleased that I am with you." He said. 

"They'll get over it." I replied. 

When the song ended Damon and I left the dance floor as we were walking to our table, I felt liquid being poured over my head. I realized it was punch I spun around and saw Annabel holding the crystal punch bowl in her hands Olivia's standing beside Annabel looking proud of their selves. 

"I told you to watch your back bitch!" 

I felt humiliated and ran out of the ballroom I raced upstairs to the fourth floor and ran down the hallway I entered my room and slammed the door. I kicked off my heels and entered the bathroom I ran myself bathwater I removed my soaked dress, bra, and panties I stepped into the tub. When I came out of the bathroom I put on a t-shirt and pajama bottoms I was combing my hair when my bedroom door opened my mother came into the room and closed the door. 

"Damon told me what happened I came to get your side of the story. But first are you okay." 

"I'll live," 

I sat down on my bed my mother walked towards me and sat beside me on my bed. 

"Annabel and Olivia made it a big deal that Damon attended the ball with me I told Annabel to leave us alone I hissed at her and her my fangs. Annabel made the threat that I better watch my back and later on into the ball that's when the bowl of punch was dumped over my head." I explained. 

"That's the same story that Damon told me I can assure you that I will be talking to Annabel and Olivia's parents because I will not put up with this." my mother stated. 

"Mom, I didn't mean to ruin your charity ball." 

"Sweetheart, you didn't ruin anything none of this is yours or Damon's fault Damon told me that he asked you to be his girlfriend and that you said yes." 

My mother hugged me and left the room closing the door behind her, I finished getting ready for bed when I was finished getting ready for bed. I climbed into bed and covered myself up I reached over and turned off the lamp and drifted off to sleep.