Chapter 29 *Trigger Warning*

The next morning my father officially crowned Damon and I, king and queen of Devil Mark my mother is trying to fight back tears about leaving castle Everette my heart breaks for her because the castle became my mother's home when she started dating my father. My parents made a lot of memories in the castle. 

"Mom, you and dad don't have to leave you two can remain king and queen." 

"Lilith, you and Damon are the new king and queen the castle is yours now to raise your own family." 

"You and dad are welcome to visit." I said. 

"Your father and I will visit." my mother vowed. 

My mother hugged Damon and I we returned her hug.

"Damon take care of my little girl." 

"I will take care of Lilith, I promise." 

Damon and I walked my mother outside she walked towards my father's SUV, I walked down the steps and walked towards my father and hugged him. 

"Dad please continue to see the therapist." I said. 

"I will continue to see the therapist." my father vowed. 

I walked back up the front steps Damon and I watched my parents drive away we walked back inside the castle. 

"Baby did your father seem a little off to you?" 

"Yeah, I hope my father is okay." 

Rosalie, Onyx, Vicious, and Devil came downstairs and greeted Damon and I. 

"What's the matter?" Vicious asked concerned. 

"My father seemed a little off after he crowned Damon and me king and queen he just left with my mother for my grandparents' estate." I explained. 

"Rose and Onyx stay here with Lilith and Damon while Devil and I go search for Lilith's parents." 

"I'm coming with you because I am worried about my in laws." 

Damon kissed me and rushed out of the castle with Devil and Vicious my friends and I entered the living room and sat down. 

"If anything happens to my parents, I'll never forgive myself." I stated. 

"Lil this is not your fault your father is the one that never told anyone that he has mental health issues." Onyx said gently. 

"I agree with Onyx, your father should have gotten help a long time ago our parents told your father that he needed to talk to someone after King Aro died. He didn't listen it really crushed him when Queen Esmeralda died." 

"My mother and I knew my father wasn't the same after his parents died, we both tried to get my father to go talk to a therapist. He refused and said that he will not be viewed as weak." 

Onyx, Rosalie, and I sat on the floor and played UNO to keep us busy. 

"Devil and Vicious asked us to marry them." Rosalie and Onyx said. 

"I am so happy for you!" I smiled. 

"I can't believe your father didn't attend your wedding." 

"My mother and Damon's parents attended." 

A few hours later we heard voices entering the castle Rosalie, Onyx, and I left our cars on the floor we climbed to our feet and left the living room. Devil, Vicious, and Damon stared at us with somber expressions on their faces. 

"Where's my mother?" I croaked. 

"She's outside she's afraid to come in." Devil said. 

I opened the door and ran outside I spotted my mother standing beside her SUV, I ran down the front steps and ran to my mother. 

"Mom where's dad?" 

"Lilith, your father is dead he left me in the SUV with our belongings and he jumped into the river." 

"Please stay here with Damon and me." I pleaded. 

"Lilith, I am going to start a whole new life by living at your grandparent's estate and start planning your father's funeral." my mother said. 

I threw my arms around my mother and cried she comforted me. 

"Why did my father jump into the river?" 

"He said the voices were getting louder and telling him to end it all." 

"I would like to bury dad here at the castle." I sobbed. 

"Your father will be buried here at Everett castle." my mother vowed. 

I broke out of my mother's embrace and saw Damon standing on the front steps with our friends. 

"I will stay until after the funeral and then I will move into the estate." 

My mother and I walked inside the castle Onyx and Rosalie offered their condolences to my mother and I. 

"Lil, is it alright if Vicious, Devil, Rosalie, and I stay here until after the funeral?" Onyx asked. 

"I don't mind," I answered. 

Damon and I released a statement telling the kingdom of Devil Mark about my father, I helped my mother planed my father's funeral. Later on, that evening I am sitting on the couch in the living room talking with Rosalie, Onyx, Devil, and Vicious. 

"This is not how I wanted to start married life burying my father." 

"Lil, is your mom going to live here with you and Damon?" 

"No after we lay my father to rest my mother is going to live at my grandparent's estate." I said. 

"Your mom wants to give you and Damon space and she wants to start her life over." Vicious explained. 

After my friends went to bed, I sat on the couch Damon came into the living room and sat beside me. 

"Are you okay?" 

"I feel numb and I feel like I am in nightmare that I can't wake up from." 

"I was talking to your mom and she said that she tried to talk him out of it but he didn't listen to her pleas not to jump. Your mom said she tried to grab him before he jumped but she wasn't fast enough." Damon said. 

I curled up beside Damon, he wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on his chest he kissed my forehead and stroked my hair I drifted off to sleep.