Chapter 1

It's a typical evening in Everett castle I am sitting at the dining room table having dinner with my parents. 

"Lilith, it has come to my attention that you need to carry on the royal bloodline I believe that you and Prince Damien will be the perfect vampire couple." 

I stared at my father in disbelief I glanced at my mother across the table for help she looked shocked by my father's announcement. 

"Paul when were you planning to tell me this?" my mother demanded, glaring at my father. 

"Hayley, I didn't want you to know and then tip Lilith off about my plan I have also invited the Haihan's to join us tomorrow night. And Lilith dress nice for your husband to be." my father stated sternly. 

I excused myself from the table I rose from my chair and left the dining room without a word I felt like screaming I exited the castle. And made my way to the stables I entered the stables and spotted my best friend Damon feeding my horse Midnight, I walked over to him. 

"Who pissed you off?" 

"My father," 

"Why?" Damon asked, petting Midnight.

"My father has invited the Haihan's over for dinner because he wants me to marry Demon's twin brother Damien to keep the royal bloodline going." I explained. 

Damon looked at me stunned and speechless. 

"I don't want to lose you!!" 

"I am not going down without a fight." 

"Does your mother know?" He said. 

"She found out at dinner my father didn't tell her because he didn't want my mother to tip me off when I left dining room. My mother was trying to control her anger." I sighed. 

We heard footsteps approaching Damon and I spotted my mother enter the stables she made her way over to us. 

"Your Majesty, I don't want to lose Lilith I love her and she's my best friend." 

"Damon, I know how you feel about Lilith and I know how she feels about you I am trying to stop Lilith from marrying Prince Damien." 

I knew I could count on my mother to have my back no matter what. 

"Mom, I wish grand mama were still alive she'd know what to do." I said. 

"Both your grandparents would have your back because they didn't tell your father who to marry." She replied. 

I was starting to shiver my mother and I left the stables and returned to the castle. 

"Lilith follow me to my office." 

I followed my mother up the stairs to the second floor we walked down the hall my mother opened the door and turned on the light I entered the room and closed the door behind us. 

"Mom what do you need to talk to me privately about? "I asked, sitting on the Victorian style couch. 

"I need you to stand your ground and use your voice tomorrow at dinner and don't look nice for Prince Damien. Don't wear a dress I need you to wear something that sends a message loud and clear to your father that you are not a pawn in his game." my mother said, leaning against her polished wood desk. 

I knew the perfect outfit to wear to dinner tomorrow night and I knew I would have to stand my ground against my father which is something that I have never done before. 

"How come you know that Damon loves me but dad doesn't want to accept it?" 

"I want you to be happy and all your father cares about is keeping the royal bloodline going I feel like he doesn't care about you being happy. But cares more about you marrying a prince to have heirs." 

My mother is trying to keep her anger under control. 

"I will fight for my relationship with Damon." I vowed. 

"You must be brave when you stand up to your father tomorrow night you must not show any sign of weakness your father will tear you apart." She stated matter of factly. 

I rose from the couch and left my mother's office I made my way up the hall and walked upstairs to the fourth floor I turned left and walked down the hall to my room. I entered my room and closed the door behind me I headed for the bathroom when I came out of the bathroom I put on a t-shirt and climbed into bed. I reached over and turned off the lamp I slowly drifted off to sleep.