Chapter 27

The following afternoon I am in my bedroom with my mother and dress designer trying on wedding gowns and I want to leave and escape to the library and read. 

"Lilith, what's the matter?" 

"I have been trying on wedding gowns for almost three hours and none of these gowns are for me and I'm done." 

"Your Highness, you need a wedding gown before your wedding." the dress designer said.

"None of the gowns you had me try on are my style I don't care about wearing a traditional wedding gown." I explained. 

I changed out of the ball gown type of wedding gown and put my clothes back on and left the room I snuck into the library and relaxed on the couch. 

"I thought you were trying on wedding gowns." Damon said, sitting at the table. 

"I needed a break before I explode." I sighed. 

"What's the matter?" 

"None of those gowns are my style and I don't want to get married in a gown where I look like a cake topper."

Damon rose from the table he walked towards the couch and sat beside me on the couch I curled into his side. He wrapped his arm around me I kissed him, Damon kissed me I laid my head on his chest. We heard someone enter the library I didn't want to be bothered with anyone I just wanted to relax with Damon. 

"Lilith Nicole Everett, the dress designer told me that you stormed out of a fitting." my father said, walking towards the couch. 

"None of the gowns that I tried on are my style I looked like a decorative cake topper and I'm not wearing a gown that I don't like to get married in." I explained. 

"You need a gown for your upcoming wedding," 

"I know that but if I can't find a gown, I don't know what I'm going to do." 

"You will wear a gown and like it!!" my father shouted. 

"You know what forget it the weddings off I'll just elope and save everyone the time and trouble!!" I bellowed. 

I rose from the couch and left the library I raced down the stairs I put on my coat, hat, and gloves and left the castle. I ran to the cemetery and pulled open the wrought iron gate I entered the cemetery and walked over to my grandparent's grave and cried. 

"Lilith are you okay?" 

"Just go away," 

I looked over and saw my grandfather's spirit standing beside me.

"How are you here?" I sobbed. 

"I was always with you but you could never see me until now." my granddad explained. 

I wiped away my tears and stared down at my boots. 

"Why are you crying?" 

 "I've been trying on stupid wedding gowns for three hours and none of those gowns are my style and I looked like a cake topper. My father got pissed because I didn't like any of the gowns and he told me that I will wear a gown and like it. I got pissed and said the weddings off and that I'll just elope." 

"I'm sorry that your father isn't being helpful you will figure out what to do." my granddad said gently. 

I hugged my granddad he returned my hug I watched my granddad's spirit disappear I saw my grand mama's ghost appear I threw my arms around her and hugged her. She returned my hug and took a step back. 

"Lil what's the matter?" 

"None of the wedding gowns that I tried on are my style and my father got pissed off because I didn't find a gown. I got pissed off and told my father that the wedding is off that I'll just elope."