Chapter 9

The next evening Damon and I attend a candle light vigil in the town square and met with the towns people. 

"Princess Lilith, thank you for allowing us to keep the memory of your grandparents alive." 

"You are all more than welcome I know how much you all loved my grandparents and how broken hearted you all were when my grandparents died." 

As the vigil was getting started Damon and I helped the towns people light their candles it felt like winter was coming early. The air had a bitter bite to it like it wanted to snow during the vigil we sang songs and talked about the great things that my grandparents did for the kingdom. As the vigil was ending a little girl walked towards me and held out a red rose I knelt down to her level. 

"This is for you Princess Lilith." the little girl said. 

"Thank you, sweetie." I smiled, taking the rose. 

I hugged the little girl she looked at me and smiled she ran back to her parents I rose to my feet Damon and I walked back to my car I put the key into the ignition and started the engine. We put on our seat belts he held my rose for me I pulled away from the curb and headed back to the castle. 

"Lilith has your dad ever attended the candle light vigils?" 

"No, my mother would attend them with me if she wasn't busy." 

"How old were you when your grandfather died?" Damon asked. 

"I was fourteen when my grandfather died and I was sixteen when my grandmother died." I answered. 

When we arrived at the castle, I drove through the wrought iron gate the gate slid close I parked in front of the castle I turned off the heat and killed the engine. Damon and I removed our seat belts and climbed out of the car we walked up the front stairs and walked inside the castle. Damon and I removed our coats and hung them up he handed me back my rose we heard arguing coming from the living room. We entered the living room and saw my parents arguing. 

"What's going on?!" 

"It's none of your concern!!" 

"Dad, it is my concern because my mother is furious!" I shouted. 

"Lilith, your father has removed pictures of your grandparents from the living room while you were out." my mother said. 

I glared coldly at my father I couldn't believe he was trying to erase his parent's memory.

"Dad put my grandparent's photos back because you can't erase their memory and stop trying to act like they never existed." 

"I am a better king than my father ever was!" 

Damon, my mother, and I looked at each other and shook our heads knowing my father is lying through his teeth. 

"If you're a better king than granddad then why do the towns people hate you?" I asked casually. 

"The towns people love me." my father stated. 

I left the living room with Damon we walked upstairs and went to our rooms.