Chapter 14 *Trigger Warning*

I kept my promise to Damon and treated him to lunch we are sitting at a table inside my favorite cafe. 

"Thank you for taking me to lunch." 

"You're more than welcome." 

"Is your mom okay?" Damon asked. 

"She doesn't appear to be stressed out and seems fine with running the kingdom." I answered. 

I spotted the cafe owner Kala Randolph and her mother Pixie heading towards our table. 

"Excuse me Princess Lilith, my family and I heard about your father being unwell and we are deeply saddened to hear about his mental illness." 

"Pixie, I can give you the address for the hospital if you would like to send him well wishes." 

I pulled a pen and piece of paper out of my purse and wrote down the hospital's address along with my father's name and room number. I handed the piece of paper to Pixie and returned the pen to my purse when Damon and I were finished eating I paid the bill and left a tip. We put on our coats and left the cafe. 

"Darling, I think you should go see your father." Damon suggested, walking beside me. 

"I don't think that's a good idea because I resemble my grandmother and I don't want to upset him." I sighed. 

When we reached my Volvo, I unlocked the doors Damon and I climbed inside the car I put the key into the ignition and started the engine I reached over and turned on the heat. We put on our seat belts I pulled away from the curb and drove away. I decided to try to go see my father and drove to the hospital when we arrived at the hospital I turned left and entered the parking lot. I pulled into a parking spot I turned off the heat and killed the engine I removed the key and removed my seat belt. I opened my door and climbed out of the car I grabbed my purse and closed the door. 

"Mind if I go with you?" 

"I don't mind," 

Damon held my hand as we entered the hospital and made our way to front desk. 

"Hi I am here to see my father King Paul." I said. 

"He's on the fourth floor second door on the right room sixty-three." the nurse stated. 

"Thank you," 

The nurse handed Damon and I visitor passes we headed for the elevators Damon pressed the button we entered the elevator. I pressed the button for the fourth floor the door slid over and the elevator started moving when the elevator reached the fourth floor the door slid over. Damon and I stepped out of the elevator and made our way to my father's room I entered the room my father's sitting up in bed reading. 

"Hi dad." I said shyly. 

"Hello Lilith," my father greeted, closing the book and laying on the bedside table. 

I felt at a loss for words I didn't know what to say and I felt tears starting to well up my father signaled me over I walked over to his bed and climbed in my father's bed. He wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on his chest and cried. 

"I'm sorry that I haven't been the best father or made your life easy." 

"I love you, daddy." 

"I love you too, Lilith." my father mumbled, stroking my hair. 

I continued to snuggle with my father and cry into his chest. 

"Did Damon come with you?" 

"Yes, he's standing out in the hall."