Levi X !Heartbroken! Reader (Genderfluid)

"Grieving Process"

‼️WARNINGS‼️

•Season 4 Spoilers

•Guns

•Violence

•Blood

•Death

________________________________

Third Person POV

Best friends are meant to be there by their side through thick and thin. To grow old together and cherish all of life's ups and down. To laugh at the past and cry at the memories. To grieve what had been lost and to feel relieved by what had been accomplished. No matter what, a best friend is there, always.

Two soldiers in the Survey Corps grew up together, promising each other that they would get through this chapter in their lives then settle down after winning the long battle to reclaim their livelihood. There had been so much progress since the both of them enrolled in the Military. From fighting Titans to people, neither of them expected it. Now, they were so close to finding the answers. There was hope they could finally live comfortably and not have to worry about dying at any moment.

After successfully making it out alive of another mission, across the sea, everyone rejoiced. It was like no other expedition in the past. It was a new step in the right direction. Finally, going home, the both of them celebrated with their comrades. Their friends, their family, for the past eight years. The night was still young at the point of returning home. The two of them only imagined how joyous Paradis would be upon their return. Humanity was finally close to the victory it had been craving for decades.

If only that peace has lasted a just bit longer.

The ringing of a gunshot froze everyone to their core. It was the last thing anyone expected on their way home. All eyes landed on two children, one handling a shotgun. Sasha had been struck by the bullet and everyone lost it after that. What was supposed to be a victory was stolen and turned into more bloodshed. Their best friend, the one person who spread light on the awful world, had their flame extinguished by the enemies. There was no way they could ever recover from that.

They felt like they could only sit back and watch their friend suffer in pain while their comrades went after those two kids. They stared into her dull, brown eyes, barely anything behind them. Tears streamed out of their eyes as they finally let out their screams, unable to hear them at all. Everything felt silent at that point.

Jean tried to convince them to step out of the room it happened in but to no avail, they absolutely refused to leave Sasha alone. Conny stayed as well, worried for the spitfire girl. It wasn't long until her body gave up on her. Their one person in life who made them forget about problems was no longer alive, able to continue that positivity. Suddenly, it felt like there was no longer a point in fighting the war. It has been wasted, stolen. Sasha was stolen away from them in front of their eyes.

Sasha made everyone's day and became friends with everyone she met. When they had lost her, it felt like they lost themself with her. They had known her since they were young kids, planning on dying together. They would always be in each other's lives. As they sat in front of her headstone, staring at the inscriptions, more tears formed at the corners of their eyes. More overriding emotions came in stronger waves than before. Sadness, guilt, anger, all of it. There was so much anger they had pent up over the loss of their best friend and it was now surfacing, they punched the ground until their knuckles bled, shouting and cursing out the world for taking away the only thing they had left that was a part of their childhood.

Before their fist could swing down again, someone caught it, holding it with enough force to keep them from hitting the ground anymore. When the realization hit, their body shook as powerful sobs came out of their throat, unclenching their sore, blistered fist. The person whom grabbed their hand slowly kneeled beside them, keeping quiet. He let them empty out their feelings until there was nothing left to be released. After minutes, they breathed deeply, holding their head in their hands as they processed reality. "I c-couldn't do anything." They whisper, throat more than scratchy. "I can't do it a-anymore... I can't." At that point, they were ready to quit fighting. There was nothing or no one there to motivate them anymore. No one could do it the way she did.

"Of course you can." They sniffled, not facing Captain Levi. "You're my comrade, you keep going no matter what. With or without her help, you've decided to keep going on your own terms." The man looks straight at them, waiting for a response. "Losing your friends is never easy. They're your family. Don't make us lose anymore family members. We need you to continue fighting, (f/n). I'm your family too." He spoke again when they didn't respond. The young cadet looks up at the kneeling man, more than grateful to have him in their life as a Captain and friend. Their family. They immediately dive into his chest, holding on tightly and not wanting to let go. The man puts his hand on their upper back, holding them steady. Tears then drop onto his shoulder as they cling on. "O-Of course. I'll keep going. F-or you... and her." They whisper, looking over his shoulder at Sasha's headstone.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Oops- pain... haha 🙂

~AlpineBreadStick