!Dead! Levi X Reader (AU)

"Living in a Nightmare"

‼️WARNINGS‼️

•Death

•Cancer

•Swearing

•Season 3 Spoilers

________________________________

Third Person POV

It all seemed so surreal when it happened. Almost like one minute he's here, then gone the next. It only happened this morning, but it feels like it's been years.

It was just a few months ago when everything seemed perfectly normal. But then (f/n)'s world came crashing down after one simple phone call.

"Mr. Ackerman...you have a brain tumor."

They immediately went to the hospital to consult with a doctor. Weeks after weeks of trying chemotherapy and nothing happened.

It was up to them if they wanted to risk Craniotomy surgery to remove it. But he refused and said that he didn't need it. He would rather suffer until he passed instead of unexpectedly leaving on the table.

(F/n) did whatever she could to convince him to do surgery, but no matter what, he still said no.

Every day it would get worse and worse until he ended up on life support.

This time, it was her choice of what she wanted to do. Either pull the plug, or let him suffer even longer.

(F/n) spent a week deciding on what the right choice was. And she chose to pull the plug on him. It's what he would have wanted.

That night when (f/n) went home, she ran into the bedroom they once shared and took out all of her belongings.

When she was done, she set everything out in the hallway and closed the bedroom door. After she locked it, she never went back inside.

She didn't want to be reminded of that room every night. The room where Levi made love to her and the room he proposed to her in.

That night she slept on floor, right outside the locked door. The only sound that filled the hallway, was her choked sobs.

*Two years later*

Ever since Levi left, (f/n) hasn't been the same. She blocked certain people out of her life, completely.

She would always drink, which led to her getting fired from her job as a (career of your choice).

(F/n) has been unemployed for a little over a month now, and was trying to fix herself. But she just couldn't.

She tried the dating life again, but it didn't work out so well. There was Jean, but he was perverted. Then there was Eren. He would get very aggressive and physical when he was mad.

Maybe it was just a sign that meant she was supposed to be with Levi. Did she make a mistake? Should she have not pulled the plug on him? What would life be like if he was still on life support? Would surgery have saved him?