Three

Saphira

A little over a month has passed since my dad invited Peter for dinner and he has been avoiding me ever since. I've always pondered what reasons he's been avoiding me, then again we weren't really friends- we only had one conversation.

Maybe he was intimidated by my dad and since he's apart of his internship. I didn't tell anyone my actual name yet because I am still getting to know people. Well, one person, Michelle, we have grown extremely close and I don't want her to treat me differently because of my dad.

We were currently in gym and I was doing situps for the both of us while she was reading a book. "Thank you for getting me this book, S. It really decribes what I am all about."

"That book is about genocide and world domination." I reminded, making her smirk at me.

"Exactly." She says turning the page. I giggled before taking the book from her.

"Come on, MJ at least try." I pleaded, causing the girl to roll her eyes.

"Fine." She says, snatching the book and lifting it up and down. I laughed and I looked over to Liz who was calling me over.

"Hi, Liz." I greeted awkwardly.

"Saphira, show them the pictures you took of Spider-Man." She said in a hushed tone. I pulled out my phone and showed her friends.

"Wow, these are really good." One of her friends said.

"Yeah, you should definitely start a blog." The other one says.

"She has one but its private. S is very picky with her work." Liz mentioned causing me to sigh.

"Yeah, I am thinking about making it public but I am kinda nervous about that." I said twirling my hair with my finger.

Liz touched my shoulder and I froze as she rubbed it. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Your work is amazing. Definitely worth seeing."

I shrugged before passing Peter and Ned who were pretending they weren't staring at me. I waved at Ned and he waved back.

I made my way back over to MJ and she scoffed as I sat across from her. "What."

"I thought I was socially awkward." The girl blurted, I rolled my eyes and finished my rep.

"Welp, you haven't met me yet." I said.

It was now lunch time and I was sitting with MJ when Ned dragged Peter over to our table. I was eating a sandwich I made this morning and I looked away from Peter.

"Is it okay we sit with you guys?" Ned asked as MJ looked at me. I shrugged and finished my sandwich. It was awkward for five minutes before I started talking.

"So, Ned what is your skill set?" I asked genuinely. He seemed shocked that I was talking to him.

"W-well, it's mostly technology and I dabble in other things." He stammered. I nodded, and took a sip of my cranberry juice.

"That's cool. I'm neuroscience and math mostly. My dad has been teaching me different technology tasks, but math is my strong point." I admitted as he had a goofy grin.

"Neuroscience as in- brain?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's starting with me. I agreed to be her hamster until she decides to let me go." MJ joked. I laughed at her before shaking my head.

"Not true, but yes I study human and animal behaviors through the nervous system and the brain. Studies show, there is a lot the mind causes your body to do, ensuring whatever emotion or action you have- is instant." They all stared at me confused and curiously.