Twelve

Tony was absolutely heartbroken, not only losing Peter, but his youngest daughter. He had left her on Earth while dealing with Thanos on another universe. He had hoped Wong looked after her, that's all he could do.

He was missing for three weeks before Carol Danvers discovered one of Thanos's ships. Tony could hardly wait as he rushed off of the ship.

"I couldn't stop him." the billionaire said being escorted off the ship.

"Neither could I." Steve responded, walking further into the compound.

"Hang on." Tony mentioned as he searched Cap's eyes. "I lost the kid."

"Tony— we lost." The super soldier corrected, not wanting his friend to blame himself.

"Where is—" he stopped himself when he seen Pepper, Alana and Milian rushing out. They took turns hugging him as he searched for Saphira. "Where is Saphira?" Instantly he starts panicking when his youngest daughter is not in his sight.

Steve stepped forward as Tony started having a panic attack. "Tony." no one knew how to tell him, just that Saphira vanished in his arms and he was still processing it.

"You– you said that you would protect her if I wasn't there, Cap." Tony sneered as Pepper and Alana tried to steer him inside.

Steve Rogers had guilt on his mind as he watched Tony limp inside. He turned to see Milian leaning into him as he kissed her hair. She had escorted him to their shared room as he tried to stay strong.

Tears left his eyes as his girlfriend comforted him. "I really tried, Milian. She- she was right in my arms."

"I know, babe." her voice soothed his nerves as she held his hand. "It's not your fault."

______________

Five years has passed since the Avengers failed to bring everyone back. Tony had retired and settled down with Pepper, they have a daughter, Morgan. He makes sure she knows that she has an older sister and that one day, she will see her.

Steve had proposed to Milly and they have been married for a year— now she's expecting twins. He had taken this opportunity to realize what a treasure he had. A part of him felt ashamed for moving on, but he knew Saphira would want them to carry on.

When Scott Lang, appeared at the gate of the Avengers Compound, hope was restored in Natasha. There wasn't a day where she didn't think about Saphira and this might be it.

"Tony after everything, you've seen is anything really impossible?" Steve asked his friend, who was pouring them each a drink.

"Quantum fluctuation meeses with the Planck scale which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Tony explained, handing a drink to Steve.

"Thank you." he replied.

"In layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." Stark simplified.

"I did." Scott piped in.

"No," Tony started. "You accidentally survived. It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you want to a pull a—what did you call it?."

"A time heist?" Scott answered, sheepishly.

"Yeah, a time heist. Of course." Tony replied, not convinced. "Why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable. Because it's a pipe dream."

"The stones are in the past," Steve interjects. "We could go back, we could get them."

"We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back." Nat added.