Eight

Saphira

It was Homecoming Week at school and I still didn't know who I was taking. Hell, I didn't even have an outfit. Several guys and girls have asked me, but I rejected them. It's been a few weeks since I've hung out with Peter. We still sit next to each other in class and at lunch, I don't know. Maybe the whole interaction at his place weirded him out.

I just know my feelings for him are strong, MJ wasn't letting up when I told her that. "Just ask him, be the woman."

I glared at her stupidly. "Be the woman? Chelly, seriously that is horrible advice." The taller girl shrugged as we walked to my locker.

"I'm just saying that the phrase shouldn't be in favor of men. I don't think women should hold that power either, but you're my best friend— I'll allow it." she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Listen, I was never good about vocalizing my  feelings. When I dated Harry it was mainly for image and we just kissed. He would compliment me and he even convinced himself he loved me, before cheating on me with his cousin." I ranted, putting my combination in and opening my locker.

"I'm not saying you should tell him you're in love with him—" I grimaced at her words before switching my books out. "You aren't, right? Because that would be unfortunate."

"Totally not." I said, closing my locker.

I might be

"Okay then, just talk to him when you can." MJ advised before hugging me, we went our separate ways after she walked me to class and I exhaled deeply

_____________

I was getting ready for cheer practice when I noticed Peter was lurking around near the gym. "Hey," I greeted him.

He stopped in his tracks and smiled a little. "Hey."

I bounced on my tippy toes, as the silence grew louder. "So what are you doing here during seventh period?"

"Uh–" he looked pretty nervous as he held up the restroom pass. "Break during class, is there a game today?"

I forgot Iyana told us to practice in our new uniform today. I blushed slightly remembering this is Peter's first time seeing me in my outfit. "No, it's actually Thursday. Our captain wanted us to practice in these so we're comfortable."

"Oh okay, cool." he responded, looking like he had something on his mind. "So uh–"

The doors to gym opened revealing, Alexis, the co-captain. "S, we just got done stretching. Are you still waiting on your boyfriend?" I glared at her as she looked at Peter. Her mouth slowly parted as she slowly backed away. "Um, the ladies will see you in six minutes."

I wanted to choke the living daylights out of her. I was so scared to turn around because I knew my face was red as hell. She closed the door and I could have fainted. Reluctantly, I turned around to see Peter have a slight smirk on his face.

"Boyfriend?" he teased as I pushed him slightly.

"Stop, that's not what I told them." I mentioned, avoiding his eyes.

"So you told your cheer gang about me?" he asked and I laughed.

"It's squad, P. And yes, they noticed my lack in mood because we haven't spoken or hung out in weeks." I admitted, his face fell and he stepped closer to me.

Oh shit.

"I'm sorry about that Saph, I just was trying to adjust to not having the internship and–"

"—being around me, reminds you of the experience." I finished as he looked at me, but with emotion.

"Yeah." he said almost, unsure of his response.