Chapter 10

LIAM'S POV:

I'm speechless.

Seconds later my phone vibrates on the nightstand.

"Damn! Who's calling at this hour?" growled Louis.

I walked to the nightstand and found Louis's classmate's name displayed on the screen of my phone.

Why is she calling me?

"Who's it? Is it Cheryl?" I can imagine him grinning.

"Adeline!" I said. "It's Adeline," I added.

"Who's this lol? And why is she calling you at this hour?" He asked as the phone stopped ringing.

"Adeline! Your classmate  remember?" I tried to remind him. As I picked up my phone I saw the notification of text messages from her.

"She even texted me something!" I informed Louis.

"What?" He asked and walked towards me.

I'm standing outside of your house.

Please open the door.

I read her texts to Louis.

"What's going on with this girl? What about Cheryl?" He asked.

What is he talking about? Yeah, unfortunately, Cheryl wasn't into me even though I sort of liked her but I can't force her of course so I agreed on being friends with her. Her happiness matters after all to me.

"Nothing. I haven't even talked to her in school. When you went missing, she texted me to ask about you. I don't know why is she calling." I explained.

"You guys are so confusing." a sweet voice which I don't remember if I've ever heard came from our back.

When I and Louis turned Adeline was walking inside my room.

"How did you enter the house?" I asked her.

She was in black sweatpants with a black sweatshirt and her hair was bound in a single thick braid down her back.

"First of all, why didn't you open the door?" She asked me and then she looked at Louis who seemed to be unbothered by her presence.

"Don't you know me?" She asked Louis.

"Yup. I just don't care." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes.

"How did you get in here?" I asked again.

"With the help of her powers of course," Louis answered.

What? Is she a female version of hulk lol?

"I didn't get. What powers are you talking about?" I asked Louis.

"Ye-Yes Louis?" Adeline asked.

"Adeline is a witch," Louis said.

Wait! Did he say bitch and I heard it a witch?

"No Liam, I said witch you fool,"  Louis said.

Witch?

When I looked at Adeline her eyes were wide already.

"What are you talking about?" She asked Louis.

"Well, well, well! I'm talking about a witch who's 1400 years old." Louis sits on the bed.

1400 years what? Of he's messing with her.

"How do you....? I'm just kidding. I know you are a wizard from golillion too Louis."She chuckled.