Chapter 26

Adeline hugged her sister and asked her to relax while controlling her tears.

"We are sorry to hear that," Liam said to both of the sisters.

"Yes." Louis approved. "What about your father?" He added.

Adeline and Marcella let go of each other and wiped their tears respectively.

"Mum said that he's dead." Adeline's eyes were focused on the floor and her voice was filled with distress.

Louis and Liam were extremely sorry to hear that. Liam asked the reason for the death of their father to which Adeline replied that her mother had never disclosed the reason.

"How did you return Marcella?" Liam tried to distract everyone by changing the topic.

Marcella's eyes suddenly looked up at Louis but quickly she shifted her eyes to Liam.

"I-I don't know it myself." She stammered.

"It's been a while since we ate something," Louis spoke. "Do we have anything?"

"We'll have to cook." Adeline told.

"So, we don't have Macdonald's or Starbucks here? That's bad news." Louis said.

"Seriously?" Adeline's eyes expanded. "Anyways, it's not my first time dealing with wizards like you." She rolled her eyes.

"Really?" Louis's voice soared. " So, you have met intelligent, talented, and good-looking wizards before? Please tell me their names or maybe they can exchange their numbers or go out with me to have some tea or coffee together."

"Shut up." Adeline howled but Liam and Marcella laughed.

Louis's eyes moved to Marcella and a feeble sweet smile appeared on his face while seeing her giggling.

"Sorry, I didn't catch your name." Marcella told Louis.

"Don't worry, I never threw it." Louis replied.

"Good one." Marcella giggled. "Would you like to throw it so that I can catch it?" She added.

"It's Louis. Louis Tomlinson." Adeline quickly interrupted.

"Nice name." Marcella smiled looking at Louis.

"Yours too." Louis smiled back.

"What's the meaning of Marcella?" Liam out of nowhere asked. "And yes, I'm Liam." He smirked nervously.

"War-like or young warrior." Marcella spoke.

"That's beautiful." Liam exclaimed.

"Wait, we have our class of se battre tomorrow and also I'm very hungry." Louis glared at Liam and Adeline respectively.

"Well, me too but for eating we need to cook, and for that we don't have any vegetables or something." Adeline informed.

"How can we get them?" Liam asked Adeline.

"We need to go to the shops to buy." Adeline replied.

"I ain't going anywhere I'm too tired." Louis yawned.

"I can go but I don't know the way to the shops." Liam said.

"I can join you. I know the path to the shops." Adeline spoke.

"Alright, but money?" Louis questioned.

"I've got some in the pocket of my pant which Kendrix gave us, I guess." Liam informed.

"I've got some too." Adeline told to Liam.

"Okay. So, I and you will be going to the shop." Liam pointed at Adeline and continued "while Marcella and Louis would stay back."