Chapter 34

Zayn's eyes followed at everyone standing in front of him and stopped on Louis.

"Ohh, so, you're finally here." He grinned wickedly while stepping towards Louis.

Louis could sense that something wasn't right here. Either it was with Zayn who he has never seen smiling the way he smiled today since the day he know him or there is some sort of negative energy around them that makes Louis endure the bad vibes he suddenly begin to perceive.

"Are you Zayn?" Liam peered at Zayn instently.

Zayn's attention moved to Liam.

"Ahh, yes, I'm Zayn." He bowed down at Liam. "Zayn Malik." While his eyes still focused on Liam, he said. "Zayn Javaad Malik."

"Want to inquire more?" Zayn's jaw tightened making it clear that he doesn't want any more questions.

Zayn stepped back to the group of boys who were still a couple of steps behind him, smirking while witnessing their friend Zayn talking.

"Aiden, Noah, Yash," Zayn called out to the guys standing at the back of him. "Let me show you guys a human." He added.

Quickly, all three boys stepped forward and stood beside Zayn.

"Seriously? Who's the human here?" Noah, a hundred and seventy-nine cm tall guy having dirty blonde hair with beautiful eyes consisting mostly of shades of brown and green has a deep, confident voice questioned.

"Right here." He pointed at Liam.

Liam felt awkward a little bit while he along with Louis and Adeline couldn't process this side of Zayn they all were witnessing while Marcella not sure about what was happening observed the events of Zayn and his group silently.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked with a shaky voice lacking confidence.

"You all don't possess magic?" Noah asked Liam out of curiosity.

"uhh...no," Liam replied hesitantly.

"What?" Aiden squeezed his black eyes in disbelief. "Like for real?" He questioned Liam again.

"Yes bro, for real," Zayn assured his friend mockingly.

"You're acting as if you aren't a human yourself, Zayn." Liam didn't at all feel comfortable with the way Zayn was trying to make fun of him for being a human.

Zayn turned to Liam and started laughing loudly. "Liam Payne, you're so dumb."

"Don't forget, Zayn. He's a human." Mocked Noah.

"Yes, Zayn who has only proven themselves lacking in the arcane arts, as they always do," Aiden added to his statement rudely.

"Shut the fuck up." Liam angrily yelled at them.

They stopped laughing for a few seconds but continued again insulting Liam.

"What the hell is wrong with you Zayn?" Spotting disappointment on Liam's face, Adeline decided to step up for him.

"These brillards are so bad at magic." Zayn smirked. "Neither this girl named Adeline nor this guy Louis Tomlinson could recognize that I'm not a human but a wizard as well." He added.

Adeline, Louis, and Liam were left stunned by Zayn's statement. They couldn't believe that they were unaware of the fact all these years that Zayn wasn't someone they thought he is. He was hiding his identity and maybe that's the reason he of suddenly stopped being friends with them. But why? What was he doing in London?

"Zayn shut the fuck up." Louis angrily tells.

"So, this is Louis Tomlinson." Looking at Louis Yash said.

"Yes. He's the one the whole school is discussing." Zayn informed them.

Louis was confused about why the school was discussing him. He wanted to know the reason but would never in a million years ask Zayn and his group about it.

"What were you doing in London, Zayn?" Louis tried to inquire about Zayn's reality.

"Mind your own fucking business." Staring at Louis, Zayn warned him.

"Let's go boys." Zayn gently walked away with his group of friends.

"I can't believe that he's Zayn, that same Zayn we used to be friends with." With disappointment clear in his voice, Liam said.

"Adeline, what does brillards mean?" Louis tried to know about the term Zayn used to address him and Adeline a while ago.

"Even I'm oblivious to this term. I've never heard of it." Adeline informed.

"Do you know anything about it Marcella?" Louis asked the same question to Marcella hoping that he would get to know something about that term.

"Pardon me, Louis." Marcella made it clear that she also didn't know about that term.

"Should we ask the headmaster or Kendrix?" Liam suggested.

"Asking Kendrix means that it would take at least two to three days to get to know about the term but I want to know about it as soon as possible so let's ask the headmaster when we next meet him." Louis explained.

"Okay as you wish." Liam said while Adeline and Marcella agreed to him.

"Let's walk around the school." Marcella suggested.

"Yes walking around the school I want to revisit all the memories I made at this paradise." She started walking.

"Paradise?" Louis whispered and started laughing.

"You'll see." Confidently saying, Adeline started walking ahead with everyone following her.

(It's been a while I know! Shortage of time is all that I've to say about being inconsistent in updating chapters but I'm trying and will further try my best! Ohh yes, I've been keeping chapters short because someone suggested so, I thought of giving it a go....any kind of suggestion is welcome, you can message me because improvement is what I've been aiming for since the beginning! Have a great day/night/afternoon xoxo)

QOTD: Never make fun of someone’s passion because that’s the thing that saves them from the world.