Chapter 30

"Who's that again?" Louis groaned.

"How would we know, Louis?" Adeline instantly answered. "I'll go and check." She stood up to walk to the main door in order to open it.

When Adeline opened the door she found no one in front of her. She confusingly looked all around quickly outside the house hoping to figure out who knocked at the door but she couldn't find anyone.

It was when she was about to close the door she heard a very feeble voice reaching her ears from down.

Adeline in shock sat down and asked a little creature similar to that of a squirrel the only difference was it had feathers on her back.

"Who are you?" Adeline asked the little creature that was light purple in color.

"Who's there?" Louis yelled from the living room.

"I don't know." Adeline shouted back but her eyes were still focused on the squirrel.

"H'ya Ma'am, myself Luck." The creature cheerfully introduced itself. "I'm an official post creature." With a very cute smile, it raised his little hands in air to shake it with Adeline but the very next moment his smile faded when he realized that his hands are way too smaller for Adeline to even hold. The creature put his little hand behind him lowering his eyes in embarrassment.

On noticing it's behavior, a bright smile popped up on her face. "Hello dear Luck, I'm Adeline." She put her hand in front to shake it with him.

The little creature's eyes looked up at Adeline. On seeing her smiling his eyes lightened, he gradually moved his hand in front raising to shake it with Adeline. When their hands met Adeline couldn't help giggling because his whole hand was equivalent to half of her index finger which basically means that the index finger of Adeline and the little creature's hand had a hand shake.

"You're so cute." Adeline let go off his hand. He smiled but suddenly hiccuped as his big brown eyes looked behind Adeline.

Adeline followed his gaze and found out Louis standing behind her looking at her.

Louis eyes moved to the little creature. "is that your long lost friend?" He questioned.

"What? No." Adeline stood up.

"Then who's that?" He moved forward to the little creature now standing just beside Adeline.

"Ohh H'ya Sir. This is Luck. The post official post creature." Hesitantly Luck replied.

"Your voice is so feeble." Louis complained to which Luck replied "but it's loud enough to reach you, Sir."

Adeline whispered to Louis "Smarter than you." She giggled.

Louis looked at Adeline and then sat down ahead of Luck. "What's the matter you little so called smart head."

"Wait. Didn't you say that you're a post creature." Louis suddenly spoke on realizing.

"Heard it right. I'm Sir." He informed.

"How can you.." As Louis was asking him some strange song interrupted his voice.

"Oops.." The big brown eyes of Luck widened. He quickly took out some cup like structure thing and placed it's opening in his hear.

"Is that his cell phone?" Looking back up at Adeline, Louis giggled.

"Maybe." Adeline feebly laughed looking at Louis then back at Luck.

"H'ya." Luck greeted someone.

Louis's mind instantly linked this "H'ya" with that moment when he used to get  a call from some unknown number back on the earth and this was the thing the one on the line used to say.