pretty | 07.

I cut the engine off on my motorcycle and check my pockets again to make sure I still had the nameplate that read Simone

Was this a stupid idea? Maybe. But I've been known to do stupider.

It's not like anything could really happen. She's not gonna kill me for bringing her necklace back that I found in my bed when I was fixing it.

I walked into the lobby of her building and looked around a bit before continuing to walk. It was bigger than expected.

Damn.

The high ceilings, the chandeliers, everything was just nice as hell. I walked up and to the front desk and cleared my throat to get the lady's attention.

"Here to see Simone O'Reilly."

"What's your relation sir?" The older lady asked, keeping her eyes trained on the computer screen in front of her.

"Friend of a friend."

She looked up from the screen and cut her eyes at me. "Wait right here while I go get her security details."

She got up from behind the desk and walked over to where two men dressed in suits were standing. Sooner than later, she was walking back over with the men.

One of them was on their phone, answering a call.

"Miss O'Reilly, know you coming?" One of the security guard's questions.

"Nah."

The other security guard took his glasses off and stuffed them in his pocket, eyeing me up and down.

"Are you gonna keep asking me questions or let me go up?" I scoffed.

"Motorcycle gang, huh?" He asks sarcastically as he looks at the patch on my leather jacket.

"No shit."

The other security guard hung up his phone and stepped up to whisper something in his buddy's ear.

"Miss O'Reilly said you're free to come up. Penthouse floor." The security guard declared, giving me a fake ass smile.

"Yeah," I returned the fake ass smile.

I walked over to the elevator and pressed the up button.

𐩃

I leaned against the wall as I waited for Simone to come and get the door. She must've been doing something for her to be taking this damn long.

The door had finally opened and cool air wafted out of the door. She poked her head out of the doorway before looking down the hall.

She kissed her teeth when she had noticed me leaning against the wall. I gave her a teasing smirk and pushed myself from off of the wall.