free you | 25.

When my eyes finally opened the next morning I just lay there

When my eyes finally opened the next morning I just lay there. My head was pounding from how much I had cried the night before. I snuggled deeper into him and sighed.

I was still upset at him but then again I get where he was coming from. He wanted to protect me but at the same time, I needed him to comfort me and hold me in his arms.

I removed myself from his embrace and got out of bed. I slipped my slides on my feet and walked out of the bedroom and into the bathroom so I could pee.

After wiping myself, I got up and washed my hands. I tilted my head to the side to get a better look at the bruising on my neck. For the most part, some of it had faded away but you could still tell something was there if you looked closely.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face before finally leaving out of the bathroom. When I went back into the bedroom Ari was awake now, sitting up and on his phone.

"You okay?" He looks up at me, sitting my phone down.

"I'm okay. Just exhausted." We stared at each other for a moment, the room completely silent. I got back in the bed but stayed on my side.

"Are you going into the shop today?" I ask, breaking the silence.

"No, I'll stay here with you. I can push back my clients."

"You should go in. I don't want you to lose any clients." I tell him.

"I'm staying here with you Simone." He says sternly. "I should've stayed with you last night and I'm sorry for not doing that."

"Just don't do it again. I needed you." I move closer and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I won't. I swear. love you." He leaned down and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too."

𐩃

Ari ended up staying in the house with me for three days instead of the one before I forced him to go into the shop and get some work done.

Ari refused to leave me out of his sight. He took me to work with him and went everywhere with me. Too worried that another incident would happen even though I insisted that I would be perfectly fine at home.

"Baby I'm going to the car to get my charger. I'll be  right back." I say as I poke my head into his work room.

He was in the middle of tattooing an eagle on a middle-aged man's back. Must be a midlife crisis type thing.

He looked up at me for a quick second before focusing on his work again. "Tell Mikey I said to walk with you. It's dark out."

I kissed my teeth and turned around to go to the front. It was no point in even trying to argue with him.

"Doing the most, yo." I mumbled under my breath.

"Mikey." I huff out while leaning against the receptionist counter.

He looked up at me. "Yea."

"Ari said walk me out to the car to get my charger."

He kissed his teeth and sat his textbook down, mumbling stuff under his breath. "How I'm gonna get my schoolwork done when your boyfriend keeps making me run errands."

"You don't gotta walk me though," I suggest. "The car is literally right there. Nothing gonna happen."

Mikey shakes his head. "I'm going to walk you. Don't feel like hearing his mouth later on."

I opened the door and walked outside. The cold breeze made goosebumps form on my legs. I unlocked the car door and grabbed my charger from the center console.

The sound is sirens grabbed my attention. I got out of the car and looked down the block at the multiple cop cars racing down the block.

"Weird." I locked the car door again and Mikey and I started making our way back into the shop when the cops' cars stopped in front of us.

Three cop cars in total. Police officers got out of each car.

"Detective Summers." A tall lean white cut flashed his badge. "This Ari Hendrix's shop?"

"Why? What's wrong?" Mikey questioned, glaring Detective Hendrix down.

"We have a warrant out for his arrest for the murder of Ezekiel Thompson. Go head boys." He signaled for the officers to enter the shop.

"What! With what fucking evidence?" I began to panic.

I didn't even think to ask him what he had done to Ezekiel the night he walked out on me. It was possible that he could've murdered him too so there was nothing I could say.

"Thompson and Hendrix have had multiple altercations over the past months. We even have a video of Hendrix stating he would kill Thompson. On top of that, we were also given an anonymous tip." The detective had explained.

"What fucking video?" My face balled up in confusion.

"I didn't do this shit. What the fuck are you doing?" I could hear Ari snapping as they dragged him out the door.

"I didn't kill him. I didn't do it." He kept repeating.

Ari made direct eye contact with me as they slammed him against the hood of the car and handcuffed him. "I didn't do this shit baby. I swear I didn't. I didn't kill him."

Tears were welled up in the corner of my eyes now. " I love you."

"I love you too. I'm gonna get out of here Simone. I promise." He says as they put him in the back of the cop car.

"Fuck Ari. What did you do?" Mikey ran his hands through his hair.

 What did you do?" Mikey ran his hands through his hair

If I gave Ezekiel a last name alr lmk. i couldn't remember for the life of me lol.