aftermath | 15.

Charlie

Charlie.

It was her. She was the woman who got shot. Across the room laid David's bloody body as well. I watched from under the table when David's body fell from the impact of the gun.

We made eye contact as he choked up on his blood.

"April, are you okay?" I check up on her.

"I'm fine. Are you?"

My eyes widen as it really just hits me. Everything I saw...

im an accomplice to murder.

I feel like I can't fucking breathe. What the actual fuck. Im in too deep now. Police can tie my black as back to all this bullshit.

When Ari was screaming out my name, calling me to help him, that's when I came from under the table. It pulled me out of mini panic attack. I pushed my feelings down and rushed over to him so I could help.

Charlie had been shot in the abdomen and was unconscious

"What do I do?" He looked up at me with tears pricking the corner of his eyes.

He was trying his best not to cry. I could tell. Lars was right next to him putting pressure on the wound with his bare hands, unsure of what to do next.

I got down on my knees right next to them, "move."

I turn her on her side for a quick second before laying her back down.

"Through and through," I muttered to myself before checking her pulse.

I grabbed the shawl that rested on her shoulders and wrapped it around her abdomen, creating a makeshift tourniquet.

I could hear the loud ambulance sirens coming down the block.

"We gotta go. All of us can't be in here when they get here." Lars says as he focuses on the front entrance.

"I'm not leaving her," Ari mumbled as he held his sister's hand.

Not having time to argue, Lars came  to a quick solution. "Boys you guys go and take Simone with you. Grab Travis' old lady too. Leave out the back."

I did as told and quickly got up.

I kissed Ari's cheek. And whispered, "she'll be okay," before following the remaining bikers out of the building.

𐩃

"Are you fucking crazy? Why the hell are you hanging out with a motorcycle gang, Simone?"Messiah, my brother, whisper shouted.

Shit had got serious. I knew hanging around Ari would be dangerous but the shooting put things into perspective.

To make things worst Charlie ended up being transferred to one of the hospitals that my parents owned so I was bound to be spouted by one of my siblings or parents.

He was coming down to the emergency room after getting paged when he saw me in the waiting room along with a group of bikers. He had quickly pulled me into one of the doctor lounges and when I began to spill on what happened he got upset and called our sisters down.

"Simone!" The door to the lounge opened and in came Jaliyah and Aubrey. Worried expressions were written over their faces.

They weren't playing around when it came to me.

"Are you alright?" Aubrey being the oldest, her maternal instincts kicked in.

She pushed Messiah to the side and began checking over me.

"Anything in pain?" She asked while taking the stethoscope from around her neck to check my breathing.

I groaned. "I'm fine, Aubrey, I promise."

Her whole mood did a one-eighty as she shoved my shoulder.

"Are you crazy? What would make you think that it's safe to hang out with a motorcycle gang?" She crossed her arms, her hip popping out a little as she gave me a questioning look.

I stayed silent, not having a good enough answer to give them because I knew I was wrong for deliberately putting myself in danger.

"Do you guys know how Charlie Hendrix is doing?" I asked.

I wanted to at least go back out there to Ari with answers. I didn't like seeing him hurt.

"We're not giving you any information." Messiah quickly let it be known. "You need to worry about getting our team of lawyers down here in case you're tied to any of this mess."

"Messiah," Aubrey says sternly, tilting her head in his direction.

"He's right Aubrey." Jaliyah sighs deeply, agreeing with him. "We're in the media twenty-five-eight. We need to be prepared in case Simone's name is mentioned."

"This isn't a PR scandal. This is an actual crime that she witnessed." She continued to stress.

My mind went blank as they continued to stress over what their next step was to make sure I was in the clear. But all my mind could think about was Ari and how he was holding up.

He's probably going crazy while waiting to get answers on his sister. I know I would if it was one of my siblings.

I wonder if he has parents to call?

He never brought them up before so maybe that's saying a lot.

I looked out the window of the lounge and saw cops walking up to Ari. I watched as they talked for a moment before having him stand up, and turn around so they could put cuffs on him.

We locked eyes for a moment before he turned away.  What the fuck are they doing?

"That's him isn't it?" Aubrey had asked.

I shared little details with her about him but not too much for her to go off of.

I quickly shake my head no and sit down in one of the empty seats. I didn't need them judging me anymore especially Messiah. He acted just like mom, so uptight, and always nagging.

"And where the hell is your security?" He then went on to ask which led to series of more arguments.

not proofread
y'all want Charlie to live or die? Lmk
pick a or b