down for a ride | 11.

"So what's wrong with you?" I ask after telling him about my problems

I didn't want to vent to him and not ask about how he was. Plus, he had listened to everything I had to say.

"Nothing." He waves it off.

I cut my eyes at him.

"Please," I mumbled under my breath. "Clearly, something happened for you to get into a fight. Or you just got your ass beat and you don't want to say nothing."

He sucks his teeth and looks up at me with his face frowned up.

"I did not get beat up, the hell. I got into a fight with my sister's boyfriend." He says, shrugging his shoulders.

It was as if he didn't feel bad about it at all.

But who would, though?

"Did you at least have a valid reason, Ari?"

He chuckles. "Of course I did. He's a rival motorcycle gang member dating my sister. Then he had the nerve to step foot in a house I paid for."

What would be the reason for her to bring a rival gang member to where she lays her head at? I was irritated for him because she was just being dumb.

"Well, that's valid. Did you at least beat his ass outside or something?"

"Hell no." He jerked his head back. "It's not like I was forcing her to watch us fight, anyway."

"Ari." I gasped.

I took the pillow sitting beside me and threw it at him. "That's evil as hell."

He quickly tried to dodge the it, but failed.

He chuckled. "Be quiet, pretty. It wasn't even that bad. I just roughed him up a bit."

"So you mean you fucked him up then?"

Ari busted out laughing, which made me laugh as well.

"Alright c'mon." He stood up and tapped my leg, continuing to laugh a little.

My laughing died down, and I stood up. "Where are we about to go?"

He shrugged as he continued to walk towards the front door. "Do you wanna stay here and be sad?"

"No."

"Okay then. Let's go."

Instead of putting my sneakers back on, I slipped my crocs on.

He looks down at my feet and laughs. "Who wears crocs?"

now just be a croc hater. that's that white folk shit. snsn lemme stop lol.

"Everyone. They're comfortable. You should try them." I poke his stomach.

He scrunches his face up. "Hell no."