appearances | 06.

I sat my bag down on the console table by the door when I had made it back to my penthouse

I sat my bag down on the console table by the door when I had made it back to my penthouse. Today had been a long day and I was ready to shower and get some more sleep

I kicked my shoes off at the door before walking into the living room.

The conference was nothing but an appearance for me to make. My siblings and parents were the lead doctors on a case where they had separated adult conjoined twins.

There was a lot of press surrounding the case so it wasn't unusual for me to have to make an appearance.

I head straight for my bedroom so I could shower and get myself ready for bed. I was honestly just tired as hell. I barely had time to get myself together in the morning after a night out drinking and partying.

𐩃

I sighed as I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around my body. The shower was well needed and it helped relax my body after a long day of running errands.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my walk-in closet. I walked over to where my drawers were to take my jewelry off since I was going to sleep after this.

"Why the fuck is my watch drawer wide open?" I muttered to myself.

I looked down at my watches before closing the drawer back. I frowned my face up when I noticed a watch was missing.

What the fuck?

I quickly skimmed over the watches once again and a particular watch was still missing. I hadn't worn it in a couple of months so it should've been in the drawer where I left it. I was too afraid too ruin it or lose it so I just kept on display on my closet.

𐩃

"I know you have it. Just give it to me Ezekiel." I argued. As soon as, I saw that the watch was missing I pulled up to his job.

He was the only one who would do something as stupid as that. Growing up, my grandfather and I had a really close relationship. He knew how much that watch meant to me since my grandfather gave it to me before he died. He would wear it everyday and it was his last gift to me before he passed.

He chuckled. "Simone you're delusional. What are you even talking about?"

I squint my eyes at him.

I'm the delusional one? I- you know what.

"Just give me my shit."

He slapped his hand down on the table clearly annoyed. I flinched a little, backing away from him.

"I don't have your shit, Simone. Now you better get out of my face."

"Or what? You gonna hit me again?" I taunt keeping my voice low enough just so he could hear.

He opened his mouth, then closed it again clearly stunned at my rebuttal.

"I don't have your shit. What would I need an old ass watch for anyway Simone?"

I kiss my teeth and grab my purse from off of the table before walking away. This was all some type of sick game to him. Anyway he could find to fuck with me he would do it.

It wasn't worth arguing with him about. I'd just have to tell Kevin and Wyatt to get it. His bitch ass wouldn't dare step to them anyway.

 His bitch ass wouldn't dare step to them anyway

"She was scared as hell too." I laughed.

"You gotta stop picking wit her." Cal chuckled while taking a pull from the blunt.

"I know," I smirked. "That's why I'm gonna apologize to her when I go see her."

"What yo?" Travis laughed it off, taking the blunt out of Cal's hand.

"Oh, you're serious?" Cal questioned when he noticed I wasn't laughing with them.

"Mm-Hmm," I muttered before drinking some of my beer.

"Why you wanna see her ass, anyway?"

I shrugged. "cause she left something and I'm just trying to return it."

"Man, you just want some pussy from her," Travis said flatly.

"Nah man, I'm telling you I'm just returning her stuff." I shake my head at their antics.

"You know his ass lying 'cause he'll usually throw shit that a bitch leaves at his place out. He just wants an excuse to see her ass." Cal cackled loudly.

I huffed at his overdramatic ass laugh.

"Foreal. He know damn well what he really tryna go over there for. Ain't nobody dumb, stupid, or slow." Travis chimed in.

I stayed silent as both of them continued to grill me.

"Ask your old lady where her friend Simone lives at."

"Better watch out around there. I heard her parents real strict about the boys she date. I doubt she'd give it up to you. She's into business type men. Lawyers and all that." A prospect butted in.

I looked at him with an irritated expression. "Mind you and yours, Prospect."

He nodded curtly before backing off.

"Just get your girl to give me pretty address." I ask Travis again.

"Who the fuck is pretty?" He looked up from his phone.

I sighed loudly and cut my eyes at him.

"Aw shit!" Cal busted out laughing. "You got a nickname for this girl and you only saw her once two days ago?"

I kissed my teeth and continued to drink my beer silently, not wanting to get cracked on anymore.

not proofread as always😭😭 y'all like third or first person better? i personally like third person