deal | 19.

"So who bailed him out then, Wyatt?"

I was standing in my doorway, livid. I was pissed off. Even more shocked that my security guards, two men I trusted, knew what was going and didn't tell me.

"We—your parents did." Kevin finally cracked. "They sent us to pick him up and let him know about the offer. He'd take the money and leave. He clearly didn't hold up his end Ms. O'Reilly."

"Yeah, clearly." I replied sarcastically.

Kevin rubbed the back of his neck, unsure of what to do next.

"You guys continually treat me like a fucking child and then act surprised when I don't fuck with y'all . You can't just go around bribing people to stay in or out of my life." I was so mad right now that I couldn't even think straight.

The fact that Ari didn't even tell me about pissed me off even more. The whole clubhouse probably knew and I was the only one left out of the loop.

"No offense but we're not obligated to tell you anything we've discussed with your parents, Ms. O'Reilly. We're on their payroll and not yours." Wyatt stated with a shrug of his shoulders.

I was taken aback by his statement. I mean yeah it was expected from Wyatt because he's always preaching about being a good worker but, shit, that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

"Oh so we're pulling that card now?" I raise a brow at them.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before opening then again.

Instead of leaving a smart rebuttal like I usually would, I turned and walked away, making sure to slam the door behind me.

I slam the door shut in their faces. I snatch my phone up off the couch and walked into my bedroom.

im so done with everything at this point.

Every time something good happens it follows up with something bad and it's irritating.

𐩃

"Simone!"

"Simone where are you?" His voice began getting closer.

"Simone." The door to my room opened and I looked over at him for a brief moment before turning my attention back onto the tv that played This Is Us.

I was wrapped up in my silk robe and bonnet on my head. I already had winded down after a relaxing night of self care that I desperately needed.

"Why weren't you answering the phone?"

He sat the bag of takeout food that he brought back on the dresser.

Good so he must know he's in the wrong.

"didn't see you calling." I said nonchalantly with a shrug of my shoulders.

It's true, I didn't. My phone had been on do not disturb ever since I slammed the door on Wyatt and Kevin's faces.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "What's the problem?"

You should know.

He chuckled.

It wasn't one of those what you said was funny laughs either. But in all honesty, I should be the one chuckling my ass off.

"Damn, I must've messed up bad if I got you actin' like this. Let me know so I can do good on my part."

Ouuu I hate when he does that.

Acting all mature and shit and wanting to talk shit out. like no im mad at you right now

He sat down on the bench at the end of my bed to take off his shoes.

I scoffed.

I didn't know why he was getting comfortable. It wasn't like he was spending the night or anything.

He turned around, staring at me intently. "Let me know what's going on Simone. Don't be childish. just talk to me."

Oh, so I'm childish? When he could've just talked to me?

I scoff once again and put my attention back onto the latest episode of This Is Us.

"Simone?" He calls my name again.

"How'd you get out of jail Ari?" I ask, slightly narrowing my eyes at him.

"Same way I do any other time , Simone. Why?" He defensively shot back which only raised my suspicions.

"So Kevin and Wyatt didn't come pick you up and offer you some money?"

The room went silent for a moment before he tried to fix his mouth to say something else.

"I don't want to hear the excuses Ari. Save them for the next bitch."

I paused my show and got up out of bed.

"Simone, let me explain." He followed me out of my room and into the living room.

"Explain what Ari? That you're a grown ass man that sat and listened to my parents bullshit?"

"I clearly didn't listen to them if I'm still here Simone."

"Yeah, okay." I scoff. "You're probably making your last rounds before you dip off with the money."

I knew it wouldn't make sense for him to take the money and come back for a bit just to dip off.

I was just being petty and was mad that mostly everyone knew but me.

I bumped past him when walking by him to walk back into my room to throw some clothes on.

"C'mon now you know that doesn't make any sense." His footsteps trailing behind mine.

I didn't give him any response because I had nothing else to say. I was already burnt out given the fact that I had got off the phone with my parents a couple of minutes before he walked in.

I continued to rant on and as I was looking for something to put on in my closet.

"Simone." He called, standing in the doorway of the closet.

I continued to rant on and on while Ari didn't say a word. When I had finally stopped talking and look over at Ari he was still standing there quietly.

"You're done?" He asks, standing up straight.

I glared at him.

not proofread

not proofread