the pay-off | 18.

"Ari

"Ari." I breathed heavily.

My stomach felt like it was twisted into a bunch of knots. All while my heart was pounding against my chest.

I wanted him bad. But then again I didn't like the fact that he had practically ghosted me. Yeah he was protecting me or whatever but technology exists now. A simple text would suffice.

"Mm-Hmm." He hummed while pulling away a bit, leaving enough distance for him to talk. "What I'm your first kiss or somethin'?"

My face was sore from smiling so hard. I hadn't smiled this much in a while.

"Hush." I chuckled.

In the middle of our small laughing fit, his phone began to ring.

"Hold on." He pecked my lips quickly and I huffed a bit. "It's probably the hospital I'll be quick."

He pecked my lips once more before taking the phone out of his pocket and answering it.

"Yeah, this he. Somethin' wrong?"

I looked up at him listening in as best I could while he talked with whoever else was on the line.

After a few more seconds of talking, he hung up the phone.

"I'm sorry but I gotta go. They're taking Charlie into emergency surgery."

My eyes widened. I felt horrible for forgetting all about Charlie. I was so caught up in all that happened that I forgot all about her.

He grabbed his jacket with the club's patch on it and quickly threw it on.

"I'll come with," I say while walking away to slip on my crocs that's sat on the side of the couch.

"No, It's gonna be too long. I'll call you with an update. Whenever I can." He rushed out, almost stumbling over his words.

"See you later, pretty." He cupped my cheek in his hand and pecked my lips once more before rushing out the door.

I sighed heavily and shook my head, taking a seat on the couch. I picked my phone up ready to spill to the group chat.

 I picked my phone up ready to spill to the group chat