Chapter 23

I woke up in the middle of the night cold, sweating and my stomach hurting.

I slowly crawled out of bed and stood up. I immediately felt dizzy and light.

I fell to my knees and crawled until I found Lauren's bunk.

I stood up and shook her until she woke up.

"What Emily? It's the middle of the night," she mumbled, her voice raspier than normal and half asleep.

I grabbed my stomach putting air in my lungs.

"Lauren," I cried.

She sat up. "What's wrong?" She asked concern written all over her face.

"I don't feel good," I said swaying back and forth due to the dizziness. She felt my head saying, "Your burning up."

"I'm f-freezing," I stuttered.

She crawled over towards the wall and pulled me up into the bed with her.

I sobbed into her chest as she rubbed circles on my back.

"Sissy it hurts," I said calling her by the name I haven't called her by since I was six.

I could tell she was surprised because she had stopped rubbing circles on my back before quickly starting again.

"Shh, it'll be okay," Lauren reassured me but I wasn't so sure.

There was a lump in my throat as I felt something moving up.

I jumped out of the bunk and ran into the bathroom throwing up in the toilet.

I felt someone pull my hair back and knew it was Lauren.

I cried as she pulled me into her after flushing the toilet.

When I slowed my crying, I brushed my teeth and she brought me a water.

She picked me up laying on the couch with me in front of her.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly as I cried into her chest.

"Can you sing to me sissy?" I asked still crying.

She nodded running her hand through my hair.

She started singing A thousand Years by Christina Perri.

Her voice soon put me to sleep.

I woke up throwing up four more times, Lauren always with me.

We crawled back onto the couch, her pulling the blanket back over us.

I snuggled into her chest as she laid there.

"Do you want me to rub your tummy?" She asked.

I maybe acting like a little kid but hey, I'm sick from God knows what with God knows what and I'm eleven so yeah, I'm going to act like a baby.

I closed my eyes as I slowly nodded.

I was basically laying on top of her, so she scooted me over the slightest bit and brought her right hand down on my stomach slowly rubbing circles around it.

I soon fell asleep again.

Lauren's P.O.V

I was currently rubbing small circles on my sisters stomach because she didn't feel good.

She was obviously sick so I'd have to take her to a doctor if she didn't get any better.

After she woke up, she's barely gotten an hour of sleep. I felt bad for her.