Chapter 25

"Lauren wake up," Ally shook me awake.

"Where's everybody else?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

She stood up and I followed.

"With Emily in her room," she said.

"Which room?" I asked as we started walking.

"117," Ally said catching up to me.

We finally made it and I saw the girls beside her bed.

I opened the door and they looked up.

"Is she awake?" Ally asked.

They shook their heads.

Dinah stood up to let me sit down beside her bed.

I grabbed her hand and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Hey Emily," I said as she opened her eyes to look at me.

"Sing to me," she said smiling up at me.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked smiling at the eleven year old who gained her completion back somewhat and sounds better.

She thought for a moment before saying, "If I ain't got you."

I smiled and began the song.

The girls watched me in awe as I sang to my sick sister who happened to have the biggest smile on her face.

The doctor came in as I was finishing the song.

"You have a great voice," he said. "Dr. Myers." I shook his hand.

"Thanks," I replied. "I'm Lauren, and this is Normani, Dinah, Ally and Camila."

He said hello and started flipping through his papers.

"Well it looks like Emily has food poisoning," he said and my heart skipped a beat but I was glad it wasn't too bad.

"Do you know how she got it?" I asked.

"Ask her," he said and everyone looked at my sister.

"I don't know exactly," she admitted.

"Okay, well when did this first start?" He asked.

"Around midnight," Emily said.

"What were you doing yesterday? Did you eat or drink anything?"

"Well we were at the venue for their concert and ate catering, but if it was the food, then wouldn't they have it too?" She asked.

He nodded. "Most likely, yes. Did you drink anything?"

"Water." She furrowed her eyebrows before saying, "Wait, when they went on stage, sometime in the middle of their set, some guy asked me if I was thirsty and handed me a glass of tea."

"It looked a little funny," she said.

He wrote stuff down on his notepad and looked back up.

"Did you know the guy?"

She shook her head. "How old did he look?"

She thought again this time saying, "About 18 to 21 maybe."

He nodded and looked at me, then back to Emily.

"I'm going to give your sister some medicine that would help you feel better," he said and looked over at me.

"She had to take one when she wakes up and one before she goes to bed and if she starts to feel worse in her stomach, then give her the red pill."

He stood up. "I'm going to go get the medicine, I'll be right back."

He left the room and I looked over at Emily.

"Why did you take a drink from someone you don't even know?" I asked a little to harsh.

I didn't mean to, it just came out that way.

"I was thirsty. Are you going to tell mom that I'm dying?" She asked looking a little scared.

"Your not gonna die Emily so don't say that," I quickly said.

She had tears in her eyes and I wiped them with my thumb.

"I have poison in my body and poison kills you," she cried.

"I don't want to die Lauren."

I looked her in the eyes and said, "Not this poison. Yeah it makes you feel bad, but it goes away in a couple days."

"How do you know?" She asked looking up at me.

"Because I've had it before, and so have Camila and Ally and we're perfectly fine."

She looked up into my eyes and randomly said, "You have beautiful eyes."

I smiled as I chuckled a bit and everyone screamed, "I know right?!"

I laughed even more and the doctor came in with the medicine going over which one to take when.

"Thank you Dr. Meyers," I said on our way out.

"Your welcome sweetheart," he said on our way out. "And you might want to consider singing. Never know what'll happen," he said.

"Will do," I said and payed the hospital bill.

"There's a problem," Normani said and I turned around to face tons of paparazzi and screaming fans.

I sighed. "Alright, I'll carry Emily and we'll just push through. Don't say a word just get to the bus."

They all nodded knowing that was best and I took my sister in my arms as she buried her head into my neck.

We opened the doors and started to walk instantly being hit with flashing lights and cameras.

"Ally are you pregnant?"

"Camila is Camren real?"

"Lauren is your sister okay?"

Emily just wrapped her arms tightly around my neck as she nuzzled more closely.

"I love you guys!" Fans would scream.

We arrived at the bus and I jumped on first lying Emily down on the couch.

"Do you want to try to lay in your bunk?" I asked and she nodded.

I picked her back up and Laid her in her bed kissing her forehead before saying, "I love you Emily, get better soon." And shutting her curtain.

I walked to the front of the bus being met with the girls.

"She in her bunk?" Dinah asked and I nodded laying across Camila and Normani.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Normani asked and we nodded.

"Signs," Ally said.

"What's that?" Moni asked.

"It's about aliens. It's a scary movie," Ally said and everyone nodded except for Camila.

"Aw come on Camz, it'll be fine," I said.

She gave me a pity face that just caused me to laugh and shake my head.

"Fine, but we watch Finding Nemo next," she said and everybody groaned.

"Alright then," she said and left for her bunk but I grabbed her arm.

"Okay, we'll watch Finding Nemo next."

She looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. "Thanks LoLo!" She screamed hugging me.

"Whatever, just sit down and watch it," I said and she took a seat next to me on the couch.

*

*

*

A/N

QOTD: Have you guys seen Fifth Harmony in concert?