Sixteen

Sitting in front of an adorable brick two-story home, Steve felt nauseous. Not morning-sickness nauseous, per se. But he could definitely puke if he thought too much on it. So, he decided not to. Instead, focusing on the currently flowerless flower boxes and the porch swing that moved in the winter breeze.

"Don't be nervous," Bucky encouraged, taking Steve's hand in his and giving it a kiss. Reassuring Steve further as he half-teased, "You brought six dozen cookies, they're going to love you forever."

Exhaling deeply, Steve nodded, but it did nothing to soothe his nerves. Realizing that, Bucky lifted the sleeve of his bomber jacket to mark Steve with his exposed gland, Steve's heart stuttered. It wasn't overbearing as though Bucky was trying to mask Steve's scent the way a couple of his exes had. No, this was different. It was nice. It was helpful.

"Thanks," Steve smiled over at the alpha. Truly appreciative for the man.

"Of course," Bucky smiled fondly. Then, he strummed his fingers on the container on Steve's lap packed full of Sarah Rogers's Steal Your Spouse Snickerdoodles. Or at least, that was what Nat referred to them as, and with the way Bucky acted when he tried one, Steve was hesitant to disagree.

"Okay," Bucky kissed Steve's hand again, "Let's go!"

Before Steve could even unbuckle, Bucky was out of the vehicle and making his way around to the passenger side for Steve. Opening the door, he took the container of cookies and held his hand out to Steve as an offering. Although Steve rolled his eyes, he indulged Bucky and let the alpha help him out of his own vehicle.

Leaning in, Bucky kissed Steve's temple and assured, "They're gonna love you."

"If they don't, I'm holding you personally respon–"

"James Buchanan, get inside before you catch your death!"

Pressing his lips together, Steve held back his giggles as Bucky blushed. Peeking around Bucky's broad frame, he caught a glimpse of graying brown hair as the door closed. For a moment, the pair just stood there in the late winter air before Bucky pursed his lips together and joked, "Ya know what? Our kid doesn't need grandparents. And if we leave now –"

Shaking his head, Steve walked around him and headed up the walk. It didn't take long for Bucky to follow and fall in step beside him. It also didn't take the alpha long until he was holding his arm out for Steve. Deciding to give the guy a bone, Steve grasped Bucky's elbow, allowing him to help him up the steps of the porch.

Opening the door, Steve cautiously took a step inside of the warm house. Taking a step to the side, he let Bucky enter and just stood there for a moment. Admittedly, Steve was a quiet person. And the thing with that, was that the Barneses weren't.

"– I'm telling you," a woman's voice spoke over the other loud voices and laughter, "If you don't stop making me draw four, you can catch these hands. Dead ass."

"Tabitha Eugenia!" Mrs. Barnes reprimanded while another woman defended herself, "All is fair in love, war, and UNO!"

Sheepishly, Bucky smiled at Steve and opened the closet off to the side. Timidly, Steve shrugged off his coat and toed off his shoes. As he took the cookies from Bucky so he could do the same, Bucky announced, "Hello?!"

"Bucky!" Another woman called, along with some chatter, and Steve swore he heard someone say, "He brought his omega."

And really, Steve wasn't sure what to think about that.