Forty-Three

After Bucky's knot went down, and the pair cleaned up, they started redressing. Steve was pulling on his boxer briefs as he started, "We need to talk."

Pausing with one arm in the shirt sleeve, Bucky watched Steve, his scent immediately turning sour, "About what?"

"Circumcision."

Clearly not expecting that, his apprehension started to ease, and he finished redressing himself. Brows furrowing, "What about it?"

"Are we going to do it?" Steve asked. He knew it was probably a little late to be talking about such an important decision, but better now than when Squirt was here.

"I mean, I assumed that we were going to since I'm cut and you're cut, and it's tradition," Bucky shrugged, pulling the soiled sheets from the bed.

"That's something else I wanna talk about," Steve started, shifting to get more comfortable, "I know that you're not very religious, but are we having a bris? I mean, is it even allowed since I'm not Jewish?"

Taking Steve's hands in his, Bucky asked, "What do you want to do?"

"I don't want him to be excluded," Steve's eyes welled with tears. Stupid hormones!

"Doll," Bucky tenderly held Steve's face in his hands, "He's not going to be excluded. Whether we have a bris or not, it doesn't matter to my family. They love him, just like they love you."

Sniffling, Steve tried not to think about the omegas in the forums claiming circumcision was mutilation. After all, Bucky had a point, they were both circumcised themselves. Steve didn't feel like it had harmed him. And if Steve was being honest with himself...

"I think we should circumcise him," Steve decided.

Bucky leaned forward to kiss Steve. Pulling away, Bucky wiped Steve's escaped tears and agreed, "Then, he'll be circumcised."

Lower lip quivering, Steve quietly admitted, "And I want a bris."

Stepping even closer, Bucky kissed his temple and confirmed, "Then, we'll have a bris."

"Are you just going to agree with everything I say?" Steve good-naturedly scoffed.

"Hey, I can't help that you happen to have great ideas," Bucky chuckled, rubbing over Squirt, marking Steve's bump.

Steve sighed, "I just wish I could come up with a name."

"How about..." Bucky thought for a minute. Patiently Steve quietly waited for him to continue. "Emmett?"

"I might be a Twilight fan, but I'm not that big of a fan," Steve chuckled, pulling away from Bucky and leaving their bedroom. Heading for the roughly organized linen closet, Steve grabbed some sheets and suggested, "Hudson?"

"Pass," Bucky vetoed, taking the sheets from Steve.

Although Steve rolled his eyes, Bucky returned to their bedroom to make the bed. Briefly, Steve thought about putting Bucky in his place since he didn't need to be babied. No matter how close he was to having a baby.

Leaning on the doorway, Steve watched as Bucky struggled with the fitted sheet. When he finally got the sheet right, Bucky offered, "Caleb?"

"It's in the running," Steve decided, carrying the pillows over to the bed while Bucky finished with the top sheet and comforter.

Knowing the way that Steve liked their bed, Bucky folded down the covers and helped him arrange the pillows on his side of the bed. The amount of appreciation that Steve held for the alpha never ceased to amaze him. Never being able to believe just how lucky he was to meet Bucky that Halloween night.

"Holden?"

"Hard pass," Steve scoffed and added, "Name of my first boyfriend. He was a dick. Leaned too heavily into the misunderstood, brooding, I'll-never-fully-love-you-because-I-don't-know-how-to-love, Catcher in the Rye stereotype."

Chuckling, Bucky said, "Forget I suggested it."

"Will do," Steve smiled. His back aching again, he held the small of his back.

Noticing how Steve was wiggling around to get more comfortable, Bucky suggested, "How about we put on a movie and order in some food."

"Any movie?" Steve quirked a brow.

Bucky nodded, "Any movie."

"Thai food?" Steve challenged.

Crossing the room to kiss Steve, Bucky said, "I could go for some pad Thai."

"Good," Steve stood on his tiptoes to kiss Bucky again, "I'll take my usual."

"I'll call now," Bucky smiled, "You go pick out the movie."

"Will do," Steve called over his shoulder as he waddled towards the living room. Ever since Squirt flipped with his head down, Steve had been walking less and less like how he normally would.

Since their movies and books were only half unpacked, he decided to unpack the rest. Even though it wasn't what Steve was supposed to be doing. He knew that he wouldn't be able to relax until the built-in bookcases were filled. As he lifted Bucky's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD, Steve's stomach growled.

"Hey, Bucky," Steve called out.

"Yeah?"

"Did you call for food yet?" Steve placed the 1990 movie on the lower shelf so the girls could reach it when they came to visit.

"No, not yet."

"Good," Steve decided, "Because I want pizza instead!"

Chuckling Bucky headed down the hallway towards him, "What toppings do you want?"

"Pepperoni, pineapple, and oliv–" Something clicked for Steve as he turned to see Bucky sitting at the kitchen counter where his phone was charging. Rubbing Squirt, "What about, 'Oliver?'"

A grin stretched across Bucky's face and crinkled all the way up to his steel-blue eyes as he agreed, "Oliver. Oliver Barnes-Rogers."

"No," Steve corrected, "Oliver Barnes. Oliver Thomas Barnes."

Brows arched high, Bucky asked, "No Rogers?"

"No Rogers," he confirmed. Looking down at Squirt, he greeted, "Can't wait to meet you, Oliver."