14- Cookies Shope

"I'm so confused, who's the one that was in her nightmare, and why is Layla calling him the Devil".

"Did someone hurt her?".

"And what this have to do with what happened at the beach? Layla said it was just an accident, was it just a lie?".

•••

Layla and I both standing outside the door after Sophia kicked us out saying she don't want to eat with us, we tried changing her mind but she refused to get out of the bed.

"She is so stubborn, like you can lay down after you eat but noo she has to do what she wants" Layla said crossing her hands looking annoyed.

"Well she doesn't have to get out of the bed to eat" I said when an idea popped in my head.

"What do you have in mind?" Layla asked looking at me, "you just need to tell me the one food that Sophia never says no to" I said.

"Ohh I see,... she will never say no to McDonald's chicken nuggets" Layla said.

"Okay I will go get some right know" I said, "okay just wait a second I will change and come with you" Layla said.

"No it's okay I got it" I said walking to the elevator, "oh and make sure to bring her some garlic mayo sauce she loves them" Layla yelled.

•••

I open the door as I carry the food bag in my left hand, "I'm back" I said looking around the room for Sophia.

I find her curled up under a mini pink blanket that have Disney deer's all over it, "where did you find this blanket?" I asked laughing at her.

"Oh this one I just brought it with me" she said getting up, "you brought a blanket with you?" I asked placing the food on the dresser.

"Well this isn't any blanket it's my favourite blanket" she explained tightening her hold around it.

"Alright I didn't mean a bad thing you can have your blanket wherever you want" I said, "are you making fun of me?" She asked, "no no I'm not" I said.

"Okay here I brought you some chicken nuggets" I said handing her the box meal, "oh you brought for me too" she said.

"Of course, and here's your garlic mayo and extra ketchup" I said pulling them out of the bag.

"How did you know I liked them?" She asked looking confused.

"When someone bears the struggle and put ketchup on their meal even in the car you know they really like ketchup" I said remembering the first time I dropped her off at her apartment.

"And the rest I know from Layla" I said setting on the bed, "thank you" she said, "you're welcome" I said.

I started eating my meal while Sophia opened some ketchup, "oh by the way Emma found your rocks and left them on the table" I said throwing some fries in my mouth, "really?" She asked her eyes lighting up.

"Yeah" I said, she placed her chicken nuggets aside trying to get up, "you can check them later finish your food first" I said placing my hand on her knees stopping her from getting up, "ohh,...okay" she said.