Chapter 4

You sat back, your plate on your lap as you happily ate while your eyes were glued on the television. You couldn't help but glance over at Diane occasionally. You were on Episode 2, chewing excitedly at your pizza slice. Diane did overwork the dough, but it wasn't tough. She must've used a light, airy flour, probably sifted it. The scene of the instincts came, you turned your attention to Diane. Her expression was full of worry. "Does he eat her?" She asked worriedly, jumping as she heard one of the characters call out. The rest of the scene played out, Diane was now enthralled.

You finished your food, having drank a couple glasses of wine. "Hey, can you show me what you write?" Diane asked. You blinked. What I write? You blushed, biting your lip. "It's a little... Lewd." You admitted. "Can I still see it?" You nodded, going through your bags and finding your rough draft. You handed the draft to her, seeing her immediately begin to dive in.

You watched her expression change, slowly shifting from calm, shocked, fear, surprise, and a devilish grin as she read through the draft. She landed on the scene you worried she would read. The burn was long, but Diane was finally at the scene. You fiddled with your fingers, hearing her give a cheeky giggle. "This is very detailed!" She handed the draft back over, her face red from the scene she had just read. You looked at where she left off.

"Your highness, it is unbecoming of a princess to stay with the Queen of Pirates. Someone so young and restless, my dear if you do not come away with me after this beautiful night, then I shall never forget the sound of your lovely howls."

You closed the book, smiling up at Diane. "A pirate and princess forbidden lesbian romance, I like it. If you're rearranging the scenes, where are you putting their beautiful night?" Diane inquired, making you shiver. Her eyes were predatory, but her voice... Her voice was sweet as honey, the question almost slipping from you. "I'm moving the sex scene towards the back, I want to build up to it, make the pirate queen tempt the princess with her very own desires." You explained, your throat dry. She looked like a starving coyote with how she looked at you, but not hungry for flesh. Hungry for information, for her own questions about the story and you to quell the curiosity inside her.

You closed the book, already tired. "Are you tired?" Diane whispered, you were unable to look away from her, she looked so beautiful and yet so intimidating. "I am, it's been a wild day." You admitted, giving an awkward smile.

Diane brought you to Chloe's room, tucking you in. "You don't have to tuck me in, Diane." You giggled, smiling. "Sorry, I'm just so used to tucking in Chloe." She admitted. Chloe? You looked at the picture frame, seeing a young girl and Diane. Oh, her daughter. "That's okay." You reassured her with a smile, blinking as she turned the light off and went to her room.

You tried to sleep, you genuinely did, but even with Baxter laying at your feet you couldn't get this feeling that you were being watched. You looked at the window, seeing a figure amongst the trees. Your heart thudded in your chest, averting your gaze.

You heard Diane's voice just outside your window, which was closed. You knew she was in her room, you could see her sleeping form on her bed. The voice returned, but frustrated. "Do you not love me?" Diane's voice was distorted, staticky almost. You felt your breathing become fast, the sound of scratching at the window and the walls drove you to panic. There's animals and other things in the woods this late. You remembered Diane's words, hearing the scratching get louder. "Dear, please, let me in." That's not Diane outside. That's not Diane.

You got out of Chloe's bed, sneaking into Diane's bed as quietly as possible. You had to be touching Diane somehow to let you know she was there as you sleep. You placed your hand on hers, soon falling asleep.

----

When you woke up, Baxter was behind you and snoring. Diane wasn't beside you, leaving you to be in her bed with your dog. You got up, checking around to see where she was. She was in Chloe's room, looking at the prints on the window. "God damn it." Diane whispered to herself, cleaning up the window. "I should get a fence installed." She added. "If you get a fence, make sure it's tall and electric." You added to her sentence. Diane looked at you as she finished cleaning. "How'd you sleep?" She inquired, giving you a hug. This is the real Diane. You hugged her tightly, hearing her breathing hitch as you squeezed her. "I couldn't sleep in this room, I hope you don't mind that I got in your bed." You spoke quietly, looking up at her.

"I'm more thankful that you came to my room instead of opening the window. You don't open the window at night, at all. I don't care if it's hot outside, you don't open that window at night. You keep it closed and locked." Diane warned, holding you tight. You nodded against her chest, shaking with fear. "You can sleep with me for as long as you need, I don't mind." Diane lifted your gaze, a finger on your chin. "Thank you, Diane." You smiled and gave her another hug.

Diane had to go to her job, she was a teacher. "Do you want to stay here, or would you prefer to come with me?" Diane asked, drying your hair. You had taken a shower, Diane letting you use her soaps. "These woods are too much for me, I'll go with you." You got dressed, grabbing your draft, laptop, and harnessed Baxter up. "I'm sure the kids wouldn't mind a dog in the classroom."

The drive was long, but you took that time to get to know each other. "Are you doing anything for Halloween?" You suddenly asked, smiling. "I usually don't, but I'll do something different with you." Diane grinned. You began to sketch out some ideas, you had a couple of weeks until Halloween, surely that was enough time.

---

Diane was an exquisite teacher, taking her time with every student and more patient than a saint. The students who asked about you were only told that you don't trust the woods. Some agreed that you shouldn't trust the woods, some called you a baby.

As the school day came to an end, you had finished rearranging your book, getting started on the final draft. Diane got up, tapping your shoulder softly. "Let's go." You closed your laptop and got everything in your computer bag, getting up and stretching. You looked up at Diane, then looked at her lips. Kiss her. Wait, don't. What if she doesn't like you? What if she finds you weird? What if she throws you into the woods at night as punishment? Diane gave you a kiss on your cheek, drawing you out of your thoughts. "Let's go home. I don't feel like cooking, do you want to just pick up something?" Diane suggested. You nodded, hearing her call a restaurant to pick up an order. "Make mine spicy, please," handing Diane your share of the money.

---

Diane went into the restaurant, coming back with a couple of bags. The smell of Thai food filled the car, making your stomach rumble. You helped Diane get stuff in the house, still thinking about the kiss. As you sat with Diane on the couch, your mind went back to the kiss. Diane was looking at your sketches for Halloween, then she gave you another kiss on your cheek. "I like these. We can do these."

You blinked, looking at Diane. "Sorry, about the kisses. I can stop if they make you uncomfortable." Diane offered, worry in her eyes. You put your food down, cupping Diane's face and giving her a kiss. She wouldn't throw me into the woods. You pulled away, but Diane leaned into the kiss, putting her food down and pulling you into a hug as the kiss slowly deepened. I'm in the Garden of Eden, and she is my guardian from these woods called Hell.