Chapter 18

Diane woke up far earlier than you, smiling to herself. She loved seeing you sleep, it made her happy to see you trusted her enough to sleep in her arms. She slowly got up, careful to not wake you as she snuck down the stairs to the kitchen. Diane got started on laundry and fed Pumpkin, eyes locked on the figure in the window. She didn't take her eyes off the figure, every little hair on her body standing up as she crept forward. They're going to hurt (Y/N). Pumpkin hissed at the window, at that instant Diane charged out the door and chased the figure. The frost against her bare feet only made her faster, the drive to protect moving her faster. They want to hurt my (Y/N). With a leap, Diane shoved the figure down and pressed their head against the asphalt. "Who are you!?" She snapped, hearing the figure's breathing quicken in panic. They want to hurt my wife. My prey. "I'm sorry! I'm just the mail delivery! I was just peaking to make sure you were home because the truck had been there for a long time and hasn't moved!" The person cried out, Diane slowly letting them go. "Don't ever snoop around again, do you understand!?" Diane hissed, shoving the person away and going back inside.

Why did I think that? Diane leaned against the counter, rethinking the moment. My... Prey? (Y/N) isn't my prey, she's my partner, my girlfriend, my future wife. Diane felt confused, mostly upset with herself. She didn't like it, not one bit. I should schedule another appointment. Getting started on making breakfast, Diane heard you come downstairs and give her a hug. "You're freezing, Diane!" You gasped. Am I? Diane was too warm to notice, having just chased someone down the street not too long ago. "Here." You left the kitchen, coming back with your hoodie and putting it on Diane.

Diane looked at the hoodie, grinning. It was fresh from the drier and was warm and cozy. Getting breakfast done and plating the food, Diane sat with you at the table. "A publishing company called me before I came down, they want me to send the book." Diane perked up when you spoke, eyes wide with excitement. "Have you finished it?" Diane saw you nod, a smile curling her lips. "That's awesome! I'm proud of you." Look at you, my little writing wife.

After Diane left for work, she found herself drawn back to the morning. The way her heart raced, the feeling of territorial aggression as she ran, the feeling flooding over her when she chased the person. Diane's hands gripped the steering wheel tightly, a little voice in the back of her head. The old Diane. Keep her where you need her. She's yours. Diane stopped on the side of the road, calling into work and drove back home. Claim what is yours.

Parking and slowly making her way to the door, Diane heard the voice get louder with each step. Opening the door, she heard music playing. She snuck further into the house, seeing you dancing in the living room with Pumpkin in your arms. When you turned around, your eyes lit up. Diane watched you put Pumpkin down and run into her arms. My wife. She picked you up, twirling you around and hugged you tightly. My beautiful, beautiful wife. My wife. Diane peppered your face with kisses, hearing you giggle. Falling on the floor with you, Diane began to giggle as well. "I thought you were going to work." You giggled, resting your head on her chest. "I came home. I wanted to be with you, because I wanted to ask you." Diane slowly sat up, looking at you. "If you'd marry me by the end of next year. I know we've only been together for two months, but I love you so much and I don't want to live a life without you." Claim your prey. "I'd like that." Claim your prey. Diane smiled, hugging you tightly. "My wife. My beautiful beautiful wife."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Diane."

My wife, my prey.

---------

Sorry for a shorter chapter! Hope you still enjoyed!