Chapter 13

You were getting the ingredients for a dish, jumping when you heard the front door swing open. Diane is home. You didn't hear her walking through the house, she is known to be notoriously sneaky. Diane's arms wrapped around your waist, able to smell sex on her. Did she? No, she wouldn't have enough time, but... You started to worry, wondering if you're a side piece in her world. Almost as if she could pick up on your anxieties, she quelled your worries. "I was having a self care moment in the car." She whispered, giving you a kiss on the cheek. Oh. Ohh! You turned around, wrapping your arms around her neck. "Did you have fun?" Diane smiled into your neck, planting kisses on your skin. "Lots. What are you making?" Diane's attention was turned to the bundles of homemade pasta on the counter. "Oh! Pasta Al Limone, I thought it was time for something different." You turned to the counter, finishing mincing the garlic and started on cooking the ingredients.

You zested a lemon in a cold pan of olive oil, Diane waiting to put the pasta in the water. Giving her the signal as you got the garlic to blonde, she dropped the pasta in and used a spider to transfer the pasta to the garlic and lemon zest mix. You grated in a lot of parmesan cheese, ladling a bit of pasta water in and started to aerate the sauce, making it thick, rich, and creamy. You took a carving knife and the same ladle, getting Diane's dish first then yours.

As you two ate, you noticed that Diane was unusually touchy, constantly needing to touch you. When you both finished eating, you put away any leftovers and felt Diane give you another hug. "You were flirty this morning, drove me wild." You heard her speak, her voice breathy and lust filled. You were in the mood this morning, but you had lost it through the day. "I love you." She gave your neck a couple of kisses, making you giggle as she found a ticklish spot. "I love you too." Diane left to get changed into something more comfortable, coming back down in her otter pajama pants and the Legoshi shirt you cleaned this morning. It wasn't really your shirt anymore, it was now Diane's until you stole it to revel in her scent.

You had an idea of what to make tomorrow, vegetable risotto. You had the vegetables you wanted to use, making a list and checking if Diane had the rice. She does! Finishing the list, closing the cabinets, and cleaning dishes. You cuddled with Diane on the couch, Pumpkin laying with you both. "I can get used to this." Diane whispered, yawning and pulling you and Pumpkin into a hug.

Your ankle was bugging you badly before you went upstairs to sleep, limping. It wasn't hurting this morning, I must've stepped wrong. Diane came upstairs, handing you your medication and another pill with a glass of water. You looked up at her, confused. "It's a muscle relaxant, it'll help you sleep better." Diane reassured. You two were getting in bed early, to which you took a pain pill and the muscle relaxant.

You laid down with Diane, your head on her chest. As you felt more tired from the comfort, Diane had her fingers in your hair lulling you to sleep. As you slept, you slept past when Diane woke up. She rested her pillow under your head, letting you sleep.

When you woke up, Diane was already at work. So, you got up slowly and made your way downstairs to get started on a vegetable stock. You cleaned and cut up the vegetables you wanted to use, putting them in a pot with water and setting it between a simmer and a boil.

You had one hour before Diane got home, so you strained the vegetables out and gave them to the local wildlife, saving the stock for the risotto. You started with sauteing an onion and a couple cloves of garlic, putting in your rice after a couple of minutes and getting it ready. Then, you slowly started to ladle in stock until it was at the perfect consistency, grating in a lot of parmesan.

When Diane came home, the risotto was done. You had her plate ready just as she came into the door. "Hey, honeybee." You came up to Diane, bringing her to the kitchen. "Hey, sweetheart. Thank you for dinner." Diane kissed you, sitting down to eat.

After dinner, it was the same schedule. Cuddle, watch videos, go to sleep. It was like this for a week, Diane throughout the days packing your bags. She took the week off, Chloe showing up and having her bag ready. You had bought the tickets, you were to be boarding on Sunday.

When Sunday approached, the three of you were at the airport and ready to go. Diane was shaking, nervous to meet the rest of your family. "So, how have things been at home?" Chloe asked you quietly. You looked at her, smiling. "Everything has been good. While Diane goes to work, I stay home." You had Pumpkin on your lap, having taken her from her carrier and holding on her leash. "Anything weird happen?" You shook your head, giving a soft laugh. "After we got Pumpkin, the weird activity died down."

On the plane, you held Diane's hand. Chloe was to your right, Diane to your left. Pumpkin was in her carrier between your legs, already asleep. "They're going to love you, Diane. I promise." You quietly reassured. "I hope so."

Not much happened on the plane ride to Michigan, but Diane did slowly relax. You refused to bring your pain medication with you, though Diane told you to at least look into local dispensaries to help.

As the plane landed and you all grabbed your bags, you saw your parents waiting with a sign. (Y/L/N) + Sherman. You ran up to them, Diane grabbing Pumpkin's carrier as you hugged your parents. "I missed you guys."

You looked back at Diane and Chloe who made their way forward. The awkward tension was real.