Chapter 26

⚠️ Warning! ⚠️
Violence!

Chloe woke up to knocking on her door. She didn't know who it was, but the knocks were frantic. She turned on her lamp and walked over. Opening the door, she saw you. You had a duffle bag, your face full of pain and tears still running down your face. "What are you doing here? The weather is absolutely shit." Chloe was jolted awake, worry filling her mind. She let you in, turning on the lights and getting started on making tea.

"I ran away. I had to... She... Diane was drugging me." You explained, hiccuping from the crying. Chloe dabbed your face with a warm cloth, pulling off your coat. Chloe's worried expression dropped, turning to anger. "She what!?" She snapped. "With that!?" "Nutmeg, muscle relaxants, and marijuana." You quietly explained, drinking the tea to warm up your insides.

Chloe felt immense anger, blood boiling. She remembered the talk she had with Diane at your parents house. You promised. You promised you wouldn't hurt her. Chloe grabbed her coat and keys, unable to hear your cries. The bitter cold didn't feel like anything, her hearing consisting only of a deafening silence. The drive over was in a blink, rushing into her childhood home and prison. She saw Diane sitting on the floor sobbing.

"You promised." Chloe growled, tackling the woman. Her hands found her neck, seeing the panic in Diane's eyes. She clung tightly, ignoring Diane's hands on her wrists. Chloe felt Diane kicking, but only pressed her fingers tighter. Then, she was lifted and thrown to the side. Chloe looked up to see who it was, then she saw you. You dragged Diane away from her, then you pulled Chloe away. She made eye contact with Diane, watching her touch her neck while trying to catch her breath. She got back up, shoving you away and marching up to Diane. When she was about to crouch down, she watched the woman run to where she shoved you, finally looking over.

Chloe's heart dropped, seeing you laying on the ground. Diane put out the fire in the fireplace, picking you up and taking you to her car. Chloe followed, getting into hers and staying close. From what she could see, Diane was trying to keep you awake while driving. When they finally got somewhere, Chloe ran out of her car to Diane, who was carrying you.

It had been four hours now, Diane was pacing back and forth, hyperventilating and sobbing. Chloe sat in a chair, waiting. When someone finally came out, she looked up at a nurse. He looked at both Chloe and Diane, beginning to talk. "We got the bleeding controlled and we managed to suture her wounds. She does have a concussion, however she is still unconscious. I'm sorry it took so long, we had to warm her back up. You can go see her now." Diane immediately ran in, Chloe going up to the doctor. "Can I get a toxicology report for her just in case?" She asked. The nurse nodded, running off.

Chloe went in, seeing Diane on her knees beside you. She was holding your hand tightly, waiting for you to wake up. "You caused this." Chloe hissed, sitting down on the other side. "You did this to her. I ordered a toxicology report. If they find any of what you put in her system, you're dead." Chloe warned, looking back. Diane didn't pay her any mind, focused on you.

The toxicology report came back, Chloe looking it over. Everything was negative, except for cannabis and a large amount of Vitamin D and Calcium. "Where is the muscle relaxants?" Chloe whispered. "I didn't give her any today. It was only Vitamin D, nutmeg, and cannabis. I couldn't add it. She looks so helpless when it's in her system." Diane whispered.

----

You finally woke up after a couple of hours, Diane beside you and Chloe in a chair. The both looked at you when you opened your eyes. "What happened?" You mumbled. The last thing you remembered was pulling Chloe off of Diane, and then terrible pain. You slowly sat up, Diane giving you a tight hug. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Diane whimpered quietly, clinging to you tightly. You gave a pained hum, patting her back.

Diane pulled away from you slightly, cupping your face. "I shouldn't have hurt you. I love you so much, I was an idiot. Will you forgive me?" Diane whimpered. She looked tired, bruise marks on her neck, and red puffy eyes. "Do you promise to never drug me again?" You asked quietly. "I promise." "Also only add nutmeg to dishes that need it." Diane nodded, giving you a kiss.

"How can you forgive her after what she did!?" Chloe hissed.

"I love her."