Chapter 5

You and Diane slowly pulled away from each other, your heart thundering in your chest. You looked up at Diane, trying to figure out what to do. You didn't care to turn the tv off, leaning into another kiss. Diane pulled you on top of her, her hands on your hips as the kiss got heated. You whimpered her name as she moved her hands to cup your face, then jumped as you heard the opening song on the tv. You looked back at the stop motion opening, turning the tv off and facing Diane. She looked at you, then gave a soft laugh. "We should go to bed, we have decorating to do."

You crawled into bed with Diane, holding her hand before you fell asleep. Don't let go. The crickets outside were deafening, but that was alright by you. You were under such warm comfortable covers, but Diane was what kept you feeling safe as you slipped into unconsciousness.

When you awoke, Diane was getting out of bed. "You coming with me?" She asked, gathering her outfit for the day. You nodded, going into your bags and taking out an outfit. It fit the aesthetic of the season, a black turtleneck with a design of a cat with a pumpkin body, animal skeleton leggings, and bat socks. You got in the shower, Diane leaving it on after she was done as you liked the same temperature. You used Diane's shampoo, her scent filling the shower stall. It made your heart thud, a warm fuzzy feeling flowing through you.

As you finished your shower, you dried your hair off first, then wrapped the towel around your body. You got dressed in Chloe's room, being much faster than Diane. As you came out, you noticed she was having issues with one of her garments, her bra kept twisting in the back and making her frustrated. You came up behind Diane, unhooking her bra and straightening it out. "Was it already clipped when you put it on?" You questioned, pulling the conjoined strap down a bit to make it more comfortable. "I did. It was just easier to do that." Diane admitted, giving a soft laugh. "It is, but it's best to not put it on like that while you're still wet." You noticed an odd scar on her back. Oh? You moved her hair, a sudden surge of shock and anger pulsing through you as you traced the scar. Her muscles tensed under her skin at your touch, her eyes growing wide.

"Who did this to you?" You questioned softly, not wanting to alarm her. "My mother, when I was young. She's not part of my life anymore." Diane whispered, slipping her shirt on. "Don't tell anyone." Diane demanded, softening at your gaze. "This is between you and me, not anyone else." You hugged Diane, getting Baxter and your writing bag.

The drive was long as usual, but you got to talk to Diane. She mentioned last night, apologizing if what she did made you uncomfortable and that she should've asked for your consent. You smiled up at her, Diane's dark eyes occasionally turning to glance at you. "I liked that you kissed me. It felt nice." You placed your hand on hers, heart beating steadily. When she pulled into the school parking lot, you joined her inside and helped her put up some decorations that go with the lesson plan for the holiday. The seniors were going to read Felidae until Halloween, leaving warnings about the subjects inside the book.

---

The day had passed by, you enjoyed Diane's company. Diane is an English teacher and as you enjoyed writing, you put the Princess and Pirate Queen to the side, helping Diane's students while she helped the other students. During the breaks, you continued your ideas for Halloween.

The last bell went off, Diane finishing grading papers. You, of course, were helping, but how could you not? Those big affectionate eyes could bend anyone's will. You got up, stretching and cleaning up your stuff. Diane got up, looking at you. "We should go into the city and get supplies for decorating." Diane suggested, grinning. You nodded, smiling excitedly.

---

The city was busy, but you had managed to find a chain store and began getting the supplies. Diane nudged you, showing you string lights that were solar powered. "Let's get some skulls and pumpkins and we can hang these on the trees surrounding the house." Diane suggested. "And we can get little garden lights for the driveway." You added, nodding. You both got the supplies needed, heading home and taking Baxter outside for an hour. Diane walked with you, holding a thermos filled with hot chocolate.

You looked up at her, the sunset gracing her features beautifully. She looked like an autumnal goddess, the falling leaves dancing around her as they flew to their landing. The sun behind her was like a halo, making your heart flutter.

Baxter tugged you along to go inside, Diane opening the door for you and closing it behind her. "We can start putting up the decorations tomorrow." Diane spoke softly, making you naturally nod. "Hey Diane."

The woman looked at you, placing her thermos on the counter. "Thank you." You pulled her into a hug, feeling her arms wrap around you in her affectionate and strong embrace. "No problem."

You decided to cook dinner tonight, making Diane one of your favorite things to cook. You got the eggs beaten together with a dash of milk and some pepper. You shredded up some cheese and cut some chives thinly. You meticulously made the fancy omelette, making sure that you didn't screw this up. Getting the rolled up omelette onto a plate, you held back an excited scream as it came out perfect. You applied just a little bit of salt on top and the chives. You brought Diane the plate, grinning happily. "I have worked for years to perfect to get this right." Diane took a bite, smiling happily. "You did good. The curds are so soft and the cheese is melty." Diane let you have a bite, seeing you nod. You went back into the kitchen, throwing yourself together an omelette.

You wanted to impress Diane, didn't know how, but you wanted to make her impressed. After you two went to bed, you felt Diane's arm wrap around your waist, pulling you close while you slept. You couldn't help but smile in your sleep.

In the morning, you were the first one awake. You took a shower and got dressed in the bathroom, making Diane breakfast before gently waking her up. "Hm?" You handed her the plate, seeing her immediately sit up and start eating.

Diane had gotten dressed and grabbed the decorating supplies, the garden lamps were designed to look like little jack-o'-lanterns, making you clap your hands and help Diane with getting them into the ground. When you got both sides of the driveway lit, you helped her get the lights up. You both agreed on having them only on the trees closest to the house.

As you got the solar panel on the tree, you looked behind you to Diane. She was holding the ladder, then she spoke up. "Hey, I'll be going to the city soon again. Are you okay with staying here alone?" Diane asked. You thought for a moment, biting your lip. "You can stay in my room and keep the door shut." She offered.

You nodded, heading inside and giving Diane a hug. "We should have a code word so I know it's you." You suggested, thinking. "Weird Autumn?" Diane offered, looking down at you. "Weird Autumn."

Diane left, leaving you in her room. She promised to lock and deadbolt the main door as she knew your fears of the woods. She was gone for almost three hours, but you found yourself hugging the pillow she slept with. It smells like her. You buried your face into her pillow, heart thumping in your chest as tears pricked your eyes. What have you done to me, Diane? You ignored the scratching coming from outside the house, too caught up in your own feelings. I've only known you for a few days and you've already taken my heart.

Diane came back, knocking on the door. "Weird Autumn." She called from the other side. You put her pillow back, opening the door. "Weird Autumn."

You saw something in her hand. "What's that?" You asked. "I wanted to try something with you. If you don't do edibles, I can understand." Diane grinned awkwardly. "They're medical grade."

You took the packet and opened it, taking one. Diane took one as well. 40 mg of THC in one. Oh boy.