Chapter 11 - Arc 2: Coyote

You had Diane in your arms when you woke up. She seemed scared last night before she fell asleep and you wanted to comfort her. She always comforted you, now it's my turn. She was curled up in the fetal position with her back flush against your front and your arms wrapped around her tightly, wrapped tightly as though you feared her slipping from your hold in the middle of the night.

You enjoyed holding Diane, especially when you found that slowly moving your fingers in circles on her stomach practically knocked her out when comfortable. Her stomach was soft yet firm, warm and smooth. When Diane finally woke up, she had to fight the urge to go back to sleep. You got up and got your shoes on, bringing Diane her shoes and making sure you had everything.

When you got to the van, you found a way to not entirely limp but still walk on your foot. "I need you to come into a store with me today, I want you to help me choose something." Diane finally spoke up, sleep clinging to her voice. "Where to?" You asked, watching Diane stretch while in the driver's side. She took a moment to stretch, then she looked at you. "It's a surprise."

You had another 8 hours and 20 minutes to drive, you had on Diane's sweater as she was too warm with it on and you were slightly cold. The moment you got it on, you were melting into Diane's scent in the fabric. "Are you falling asleep?" Diane asked quietly, you nodding. "You smell like home," you mumbled, "because you are home." You could feel Diane smiling as your eyes were closed. Then, you slipped into sleep.

Diane woke you up, in front of a pet store. "Let's go, come on." Diane whispered, helping you out. You looped your arm with hers. She had been wearing your shirt under her sweater, the shirt with Legoshi in his stage scene costume on it.

Going inside, Diane brought you straight to the pets. "What would you like to adopt?" Diane whispered. Your eyes were on the ferrets, then the hamsters, and then the birds. Then, you saw something else. You saw a beautiful long-haired tortoiseshell cat. She had big orange eyes and a little white V on her chest. You let go of Diane, coming to the area for cats and stared at her. Diane quickly followed after you, crouching down beside you. "You want her?" Diane whispered. You checked what they wrote down for the cat.

Hello! I'm Pumpkin!
I'm a 2 year old cat and I am spayed.
I enjoy snuggling and belly rubs.
Please adopt me!

You looked up at Diane, nodding. Diane left for a moment, telling one of the workers that she wanted to adopt a cat. She had you get to know Pumpkin while she got the needed supplies. You sat in a room, Pumpkin brought in. There were plenty of toys, but you instead chose a brush, running it through her thick fur. Right as the brush made contact with Pumpkin, she ran to lay in your lap and sprawled out. "Oh, you enjoy being brushed?" You whispered, hearing her purr loudly.

When it was settled, you and Diane signed your names on her adoption form, Diane already buying her a harness and leash. As you two walked through the store, you both picked her up a large bag of food, cans of cat food, a cat tree, litter box with litter, and tons of toys. You chose an adorable autumn decorated set of bowls for her, Diane quietly grabbing a little cat hoodie.

You helped Diane put the stuff in the van, Pumpkin sitting on your lap on the rest of the way home. "She will keep you company while I'm at work. She will be your little assistant for my little stay-at-home wife." Diane cooed, scratching Pumpkin's chin. Wife? You looked up at Diane, the both of you blushing. "Wife? I like how that sounds." You whispered, smiling the rest of the ride home.

You helped Diane get everything out of the van, Pumpkin immediately taking to the couch and laying across it. You got your clothes in Diane's now shared closet. You took the right, she took the left. Diane got your books on the shelf and got Pumpkin's stuff in it's rightful places. She put the cat tree by the window so she could look outside and the food and water bowl in the kitchen.

You finished getting stuff put away, getting downstairs and giving Diane a hug. "What was on your mind last night, honeybee?" You now started to pry, wanting to get to the root of the issue before it flowered into a constant worry for her. You knew Diane wasn't going to be able to escape your arms, you had a tight hold on her. "I'm worried about the old Diane coming back, the Diane that did all those things. I'm worried that I'll go back to how I was." She spoke up, hugging you in return. "You've improved a lot, you got this. If that Diane comes back, I'll help you bury her." You gave her a kiss, seeing her smile. "I love you." You gave her a kiss between every word, smiling. "I love you too."

You got started on dinner, choosing to make that soybean curry dish again with the tomato. Diane really enjoyed that dish, this time she helped you in the kitchen. When the two servings were done, you plated the food and watched Diane choose to go for the tomato first again. You chose slightly smaller tomatoes to cook, just so Diane could eat it in one bite without choking.

When dinner was done, you took care of the dishes while Diane put away leftovers, sneaking another tomato. When that was finished, she picked you up and carried you to the bed. "Diane! You're going to fall carrying me up the stairs-" "I got you, don't worry."

Diane tossed you onto the bed, snuggling with you. You thought for a moment, smiling as you clung to her. Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks, perhaps that would be a good time to introduce your family to her and Chloe. "Hey, since Thanksgiving is a couple weeks away, do you want to meet my family then?" You felt Diane go still for a moment, sitting up. "Me and Chloe?" She asked, thinking. "I'll have to ask Chloe, where will it be?" Diane questioned, sitting on the bed. "Michigan. I can get us tickets and a carrier for Pumpkin." Diane thought after you spoke, then you saw her nod. "Yeah, I'll go. I can ask Chloe, but I'd love to meet your family."

Before you fell asleep in Diane's arms, you felt her arms around you tighten. "And then we'll be one family."