Chapter 35

Warning!: BLOOD, VOMIT, GORE, ANIMAL DEATH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The world was dark, the cold air filled Diane's lungs as she ran through the snow covered forest. Her body didn't feel quite right, but it was freeing. Dreams always helped Diane relax, and this was no different. The day was tiresome, and part of her subconscious could still feel your touch as she slept. However, she could also feel something in her jaws.

Crossing some ice, Diane looked over to see if her reflection would show. Very faintly, Diane could see the shape of a coyote, it's back and face speckled with snow. In it's jaws was a rabbit. The coyote's face was lightly speckled with fresh blood, the rabbit dripping in her jaws and still twitching. "Why?" She heard your voice come from the rabbit in her jaws, making her drop the creature. "I thought you loved me, how could you do this?" Diane blinked, her hands covered in blood. Your neck was torn open, words trying to leave your mouth as blood sputtered from the slit and your lips. "I do love you!" Diane tried to apply pressure to the wound, trying desperately to keep the blood from seeping out. Everything felt dizzy, panic making her heart race. "How could you?"

Diane's eyes shot wide open, hauling herself over the edge of the bed and crawling on all fours to the bathroom. Pain filled her stomach as her body forced itself to vomit. A small croak escaped her throat, then bile. She felt hands pull her hair up and someone rub her back. Tears filled Diane's eyes as her stomach clenched and a deep pain in her throat. A loud cry of pain erupted from the woman, sobbing. "You're gonna be okay, I'm right here. You're gonna be okay." Your voice was soothing for the woman, washing the pain away as she forced up the remains of last night's meal and bile.

Diane's stomach clenched again, but nothing came up. There was another clench, but not as painful. Sputtering and taking a glass of water from you, Diane rinsed her mouth out and flushed the toilet. Getting up slowly with some help, she let you clean her face and handed her the toothbrush. Brushing her teeth and scrubbing her tongue as much as possible, Diane stood there for about ten minutes just brushing her teeth and tongue. When satisfied, she spat out the suds and used mouth wash to finish it off.

During that time, you had gotten her shower ready, getting her new pajamas that were fresh out of the dryer. "What made you vomit like that?" Your question pulled Diane out of her focus as the water washed over her aching skin. "Bad dream." She mumbled, blinking. As the water flooded over her head, she closed her eyes. "You know I love you, right?" Diane asked, forcing back tears. "I do know that, and I love you too." Diane looked over, seeing that you pulled out the nice towels, the fluffy warm ones stolen from a high-end hotel. A surge of cold air brought her to a shiver, but feeling you behind her made the shivering stop.

"I love you." Diane choked out, turning to face you and sobbing into your shoulder. "I love you so much, (Y/N). I love you so so much."