Chapter 34

You were now laying in bed, having gotten changed into pajamas. The toy Diane had you use was now cleaned and put away. Walking into the room was Diane, she was in pajamas consisting of corgi patterned pants and a grey tank top. "You got into comfortable clothes quickly." You joked, smiling. Diane crawled into bed, not saying anything and cuddling up to you. "Today was a lot." Diane mumbled. "All we did was shop." You reminded. "Yeah, at a mall. There's so many people at the mall. So much talking. I just want to lay here with you forever." Her voice was soft, filled with exhaustion and affection. "Diane. I love you." You put your phone on the nightstand, turning to your future wife and snuggling up to her. "And I hope we have a long long marriage." "Til death do us part." Diane had fallen asleep first, allowing you to wriggle carefully and grab the ring you had hidden. You grabbed it, opening the tiny box and slipping the ring on Diane.

You were fast asleep by now, but a blood curdling scream woke you both up. Eyes opening wide and jumping out of bed, you found Rye and Barley now running out of the house chasing something that looked like a bobcat. You turned to face the person who screamed. Your mother was holding her hand, blood seeping from her wound but not terribly.

You took her to the kitchen, cleaning her wound and bandaging up the scratches. "I was coming inside from having a smoke and it just appeared, it's back legs were longer than it's front leg-" you stopped her from continuing to speak, eyes wide. "We'll be moving back to the house." Diane spoke up, making you jump. "Babe! You can't just sneak up on people like that!" You hissed, taking a deep breath.

Diane was holding Pumpkin as she stood in the doorway, her eyes filled with exhaustion. "Once the boys get back, we'll start packing. It's not okay to be here for now." You nodded, walking over to the beautiful woman and giving her a kiss. "Or we can start now and get the boys in after." "That works too."

The sun was now rising and the car was filled with packed items. You turned to face the woods, calling out for Rye and Barley to come back. What you weren't expecting was the two to come back with a partially eaten bobcat carcass. "Oh! Fuck, that's disgusting. Looks like the issue of the bobcat has been solved." You called to Diane and your mother, putting the carcass in the woods and putting the two coyotes in the car.

"Looks like the stinky butts got stinkier. We need to bathe them when we get home." Diane giggled to you, seeing you smile. You saw her expression change from neutral to confusion. She stared at the ring, then looked at you. You met her gaze, seeing her smile.

"Yes. I'll marry you."