Chapter 17

When getting home, you brought your mother her coffee and felt Diane wrap her arms around your waist. "Hey, can we cuddle?" She whispered to you. "You don't have to ask to cuddle." You snickered and let Diane pick you up. She was incredibly strong, she didn't look like it because of all the sweaters she wears, but under the clothes were muscles that flexed under her skin. You giggled at Diane laying on the couch and having you lay on her. Neither of you dropped or spilled your drinks, but that didn't stop Diane from sneaking a sip of your drink. You kissed her cheek, whispering to her. "You're a mischievous coyote, ma'am." You giggled. Diane looked at you with a big smug grin.

Cuddling with each other on the couch turned to napping once your drinks were finished. The warmth between the two of you was evened out as a blanket was placed over the two of you. When you both woke up it was 1:30pm, the two of you mildly groggy. Sitting up and stretching, Diane wrapped her arms around you again and peppered kisses to your face. "You two are so affectionate, I'd confuse you both for a couple of teens trying to figure out what love is." Your mother spoke up. You looked over, Diane blinking. "What's wrong with me kissing my girlfriend?" You asked, pouting a little. "The issue is that she needs to go from girlfriend to wife. You two are inseparable." Your face turned bright red at the thought of Diane in a wedding dress. An autumnal goddess in a dress as white as winter snow, a veil pulled back to expose her beautiful face. You smiled to yourself at the image, that smile only getting larger. Diane would look amazing in a wedding dress.

You pulled out of your thoughts by Diane giving a squeak as she stretched, twisting slightly to crack her back. You got up, Diane getting up just after you. "I'll start packing our bags, you can get Pumpkin's stuff gathered up. We're flying home tonight, remember." You nodded, smiling.

You picked up Pumpkin's food bowls and her toys, cleaning and rinsing out her bowls and putting them in your bag after drying them. When you walked in, Diane was packing in a couple of dresses that were in your closet. You two locked eyes, then Diane smiled. "I thought that you'd like to have this dress back at home, it's really cute." It was a white blouse with slightly puffy long sleeves and a pale pink skirt attached with strawberries. The other was a sweater with an overalls-skirt to go with it. Diane was gawking at them practically, a soft sweet smile curling her lips. "It'd be cute to see you walking around the house looking like a spring nymph." Only if you'll be my autumnal goddess. "Then get them all in there, there's plenty of dresses." You saw Diane's eyes light up, racing to your closet.

You walked out of your room, seeing Chloe packing her bag. She seemed upset to be leaving, but relieved to go back to college. You helped Diane pack her bag and found that she had a couple polaroid images of you. She likes to take pictures when I'm not paying attention. One was of you in the middle of explaining a movie, the other was while you slept on her. Both beautiful memories. You put the images in the scrapbook she packed into her bag, seeing it full of images and little notes. The notes you left in her lunches.

Seize the Day! <3

You are my everything <3

Keep being amazing, my honeybee <3

You smiled to yourself, your heart fluttering that she would keep these notes. You saw on the paper just under the honeybee note was something in Diane's writing. Buzz Buzz, that's honeybee for I love you. You're so corny, Diane. I love you. Diane hugged you from behind, seeing you look at the scrapbook. "Looking at our memory book?" She asked quietly, you gave a nod and looked through more of the pages. Diane had kept track of the best moments, even having photos from Halloween. There were a couple pictures of Baxter, your smile becoming bittersweet. You ran your finger over the image, sighing softly. "He was a good boy." Diane whispered. You closed the book, nodding. "The best."

As you and Chloe got in the car with your father, your mother and Diane were at the front door. There was resolve in Diane's eyes that you could see from this far. Diane sure is intimidating sometimes. Your mother looked up at her, intimidated at first, but something Diane said made her relax. You couldn't read her lips, but you knew it was about you. A reassuring smile crossed your mother's lips, her hand now patting Diane's shoulder. Diane looked relieved, catching your gaze and giving a big happy smile.

The ride to the airport was quick, Pumpkin asleep in her carrier. Nobody really said anything while on the plane, but you kept a hold of Diane's hand. "I told your mother I love you, and that I want to marry you one day soon." Diane finally cut the silence, making you look up at her. "I want to marry you too." Diane squeezed your hand, your heart heavy with all the love in your chest.

Chloe chose to go straight to college, telling you she was happy she went. You gave her a hug before she left, now it was just you, Diane, and Pumpkin.

Cleaning up and taking a shower, you put on a tank top and shorts for bed. Diane was already in bed waiting for you to cuddle with her. It was your night time ritual. Shower, cuddle, sleep.

Crawling into bed and shivering from the cold air, Diane pulled you into her arms and wrapped the blanket around the both of you. Pumpkin laid between yours and Diane's legs under the blanket.

"I love you, gummy bear."
"I love you too, honeybee."