Chapter 3

"Kayl, you're going to be late, let's go!" I hear my mother yell from the bottom of the stairs early the next morning

"I know mom!" I call back in reply while I send a text message in the group chat that I have with just the girls.

Kaylin [08/12/2020 7:34 AM]: I still can't believe sophomore year is here!

"Now, Kaylin Marie," my mother yells again, this time using my middle name, as I swipe a finger across my phone's screen, opening my camera to take a couple of pictures before I walk out of my bedroom.

My bedroom door is barely pushed out of the corner and it is next to my extra-long closet that has slightly larger white bi-folding doors with matching craftsman molding as the other doors in the house are both on the wall opposite my windows. I have my queen size bed in a heavy white wooden bed frame with a large headboard with a plank style center accent and a crown trim across the top, two storage drawers at the foot of the bed, bevel trim and bun feet that has a pleated blush duvet and gray paisley sheets while the matching two drawer nightstands are on either side along the far wall separating my closet and my window. I have the matching vertical dresser that has two small side by side top drawers and four stacked drawers and a white weathered floor length mirror propped next to it on the wall across from my bed. There's a small dark gray armchair tucked in the corner beside my window seat which are both decorated with assorted sizes and shades of pink and gray pillows. Above the chair are six stacked white floating shelves, two angled together in each layer, to make a corner shelf unit to hold my collection of books, mostly teen and young adult romance books and horse racing books. The floor is partially covered up by a round six-inch rug with a silver taupe, linen, plum, pomegranate, rose and light rosewood large-scale floral pattern while I have my walls coated in a lavender blush blended with an ivory gray hue paint.

"I'm coming mom!" I call with a huff while I check my outfit one last time in my mirror. I'm wearing my blue and white vertically striped short sleeve, knee length button-up dress which has a high point collar neckline, a self-tie sash at the waistline and an asymmetrical hemline I paired my ibiza nude pair of leather wedges with ankle straps, t-straps, multiple toe bands, four-inch heels and peep-toes. I loosely curled the ends of my hair which I have left down, my silver medium sized open geometric hoops are barely poking through.

"Now!" my mom shouts as my cell phone buzzes in my hand so I hit the power button on the side to unlock my phone with my pin, mine and Lucas's anniversary date, to check the notification.

Aubrey [08/12/2020 7:38 AM]: Ugh. Don't remind me lol. I'm not ready for summer to be over yet.

Whitney [08/12/2020 7:38 AM]: Oh boo hoo, get over it. I better see you bitches before school starts!

"I'm coming!" I shout while I leave my bedroom, closing my door behind me, and immediately round the corner to go down the right-side u-shaped staircase in the two-story foyer.