Chapter 14

"Door little bro!" Tyler shouts when I walk out of the bathroom the next afternoon

"Really? That's what that sound was?" I sass him from where I stopped in the doorway to the bonus room where he and his girlfriend, Hailey Shultz - yeah, as in Trey's older sister - are cuddled together on the sofa. I'm wearing my gray heathered and white plaid long sleeve button-down shirt I have paired with my very dark blue washed pair of relaxed-fit low-rise denim jeans. I took off my boots and left them at the door when I walked inside the house last night so I wasn't too loud walking through the house after dropping Kaylin off at her place.

They've been together for over a year-and-a-half and even though I was annoyed when my brother started dating my best friend's sister, I do like them together.

Hailey has a way of chilling out my brother who can be high-strung and sometimes overly business focused already for someone in their early twenties working for their parents.

"Don't be a dick," Tyler huffs. "Go greet you girl already."

"Suck a-"

"Boys!" Hailey scolds us. She's a little shorter than her brother, standing at five-foot-seven, she has the same hair color as Trey, it's just falls down most of her back and she has kept up with the darker layers she added underneath, and light hazel eyes.

"Sorry," Tyler and I say in unison even though he still flips me off out of her view before I turn around to go downstairs.

"Hey babe," I call out when I reach the last couple of steps, turning to the right to round into the kitchen. "I didn't think you'd be-" I start short, caught off guard by who's perched themselves on my island counter, someone who is very much not my girlfriend. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I snap at the unwelcome guest

"Why hello to you too," Nichole smirks. She's dressed in a yellow with a tiny allover daisy floral print short sleeve mid-thigh dress with a plunging neckline that falls into a self-tie above a large cutout along her waist and a ruffle hemline she's paired with some strappy heels that tie halfway up her calves. She's pulled her hair up into a sky-high ponytail to show off her diamond studs she had when we were dating last year.

"Did you seriously just let yourself into my house?"

"The door was unlocked."

"Whatever. You need to get the hell out of my house."

"You're really going to send me home?"

"I want nothing to do with you. I want you to stay away from me and out of my life."

"What if I gave you something I know you've been missing?" she asks with a small smirk gracing her overly glossed lips.

"There's nothing I miss about you."

"You sure? What about..." she starts to say, her hands moving to the ties of her dress.

"Don't embarrass yourself," I cut her off, stepping closer to grab her wrists before she can undo the ties. I may have liked having sex with her to some extent once upon a time, but she's not who I want in that way, or any way, anymore.