Chapter 22

"I want a drink; anyone want to come with me?" I speak up Friday night during half-time, the marching band performing their field show

"I want a drink; anyone want to come with me?" I speak up Friday night during half-time, the marching band performing their field show. I'm wearing Lucas's royal blue pullover hoodie that says "HENRY CLAY BLUE DEVILS FOOTBALL" with the Blue Devil mascot on the chest that's layered underneath his mainly white away game jersey. I have pulled my brown pair of western boots with double rose scallops and embroidery on the fifteen-inch shafts, snip toes and two-inch western heels on underneath my dark blue washed pair of high-rise fit and flare bootcut denim jeans. My hair is down and natural, mostly hiding my pair of silver textured hoops while the "#4" is written on my cheek in black eyeliner and my stone blue zip-up organizer wallet is hidden in the pocket of Lucas's hoodie.

It's Senior Night because it's the last home game of the normal season and the stands are extra crowded tonight, so my group of friends and I have been a bit more squished together for most of the first half of the tense game against Fredrick Douglass High School.

"Sure, I'll go. Anyone else want anything?" Whitney says, standing up next to me. She has layered Trey's varsity jacket over her black long bubble sleeve cropped cable knit sweater which has a crew neckline. She's tucked her dark blue washed pair of high-rise skinny denim jeans inside of her dark brown suede pair of cowboy boots with ten-and-a-half inch shafts, pull tabs, partial inside zippers, and two-and-three-quarter inch stacked block heels. Her hair is up in a high ponytail, showing off her gold pair of large triangle hoops while her black crossbody bag with a double zipper fold over top is in her lap.

"I'll take a soda; I don't care what kind," Owen voices. "Move for a second babe," he tells Savannah, who stands up with an annoyed huff from his lap where's she's been happily sitting.

"Wow, a soda is more important than me," she teases him. She's dressed in her burgundy raglan sleeved sweater with a ribbed crew neckline, cuffs and waistline and a knit pattern along the front of the shoulders and the inner seams she's paired with her dark blue washed pair of high-rise skinny denim jeans with fading. Her feet are inside of her black pair of combat boots with side zippers and three-and-a-quarter inch stacked block heels while her hair is down, partially hiding her pair of jet silver textured triple hoops.

"Here," Owen says to Whitney after pulling a dollar bill from his wallet, handing it over to her, all while ignoring his girlfriend who's just glaring at him now for it.

"Okay, anything else?"

"No, I think we're good," Tessa says. She's wearing her charcoal heather gray sweater with a ribbed mock turtleneck and cuffed raglan sleeves she's paired with her black washed pair of skinny denim jeans. Her feet are tucked into her black pair of wedge lace-up booties with three-inch heels and she's pulled her hair back into a braid, showing off her pair of grooved stainless steel huggie hoops. She has her cognac crossbody bag with an adjustable shoulder strap, two zipper pockets, a snap closure center and a small front zipper pocket sitting in her lap.

"Cool, then we'll be back in a few," I say before Whitney and I turn to walk down the bleacher steps to get to the ramp leading down from the stands which is the easiest way to get down to the concession stands tonight.