Chapter 4

Immediately after school gets out on Friday, I drive Aubrey to Shadow Ridge with Grace and Savannah behind us in Savannah's SUV

Immediately after school gets out on Friday, I drive Aubrey to Shadow Ridge with Grace and Savannah behind us in Savannah's SUV. We hurry up the stairs to my bedroom and we change our clothes before pulling the sleeping bags out of the storage room to go back downstairs to the garage where we dig through my camping gear.

Whitney and Tessa are carpooling together even though Tessa because she doesn't have her own car, and to get food for this weekend, a contribution Whitney wanted to make since she likes to eat relatively healthy during swim season.

"When are Whit and Tessa getting here?" Aubrey asks as the four of us step into the garage after we've moved my parents' cars out into the drive to have more room to get everything we'll need out. She is wearing her deep purple tank top with a scoop neckline, a strappy back that has a keyhole cutout and ruched side seams and her black pair of shorts with an elastic waistband and a petal hemline. Her feet are slipped into her stoney mauve pair of running shoes with metallic silver trimmed Nike logos while her black polished oversized square sunglasses with gray lenses are resting in front of her high ponytail.

"Um, they should be here soon," I reply. I have changed into my vintage rose zip-up sports bra with a long line silhouette and bonded straps to show off my tan stomach above the waistband of my gray pair of woven shorts which have an elastic waistband and zip-up front pockets. I slid my feet into my black pair of training shoes with black laces, white and black soles, and hot pink outlined black Nike logos, my slightly oversized metal matte black square sunglasses with gray lenses are perched in front of the high bun my hair is in.

"Jesus, this garage is huge when there's no cars in it," Grace huffs. She's now dressed in her raspberry heather racerback tank top with a high scoop neckline she has paired with her tan pair of shorts with a drawstring waistline and side seam pockets. Her feet are inside her gray pair of running shoes with metallic platinum, white and purple agate accents and gray laces while she has her thick framed polished oversized hazy gray square sunglasses with gray lenses covering her eyes and her hair back in a braid.

"Yeah, obviously my mom is to thank for all this," I chuckle back, looking around at the amount of cabinetry that was installed during the house's remodel since my mom is an organization freak.

"I could perform so many dances in here," Aubrey chuckles while she does a pirouette.

"Seriously, how are you a dancer?" Savannah sighs, poorly executing a pirouette, if you can even call it that. She's wearing her navy tank top that has a scoop neckline and a skinny racerback she's paired with her gray pair of woven shorts with an elastic waistband and three black stripes down the side seams. She has her eyes shielded behind her slightly oversized black wire aviators with gray lenses and her feet are inside of her black with dark smoke and white accents pair of running shoes with black laces while her hair is up in a ponytail.

"Okay, that was just shameful," Aubrey laughs. "You can ride horses, how in the world is your balance that awful," she adds while she dances her way over to where Savannah's standing in the empty garage.