Chapter 8

"You never told me how last night was," Aubrey voices to me, early the next afternoon

"You never told me how last night was," Aubrey voices to me, early the next afternoon. She is dressed in her lilac tank top with a v-neckline she paired with her matching lilac pair of sleep shorts with an allover blue, purple and black multicolored butterfly pattern, her hair back in a semi-neat low ponytail.

We're upstairs in her bedroom, still in bed, having only left to go to the bathroom and grab a couple bowls of Fruity Pebbles that we ate in her bed.

"Uh, kinda," I sigh, adjusting the neckline of my fuchsia camisole top with a scoop neckline and a lettuce hemline I paired with the matching fuchsia pair of shorts that have an elastic waistband and the lettuce hemline while my hair is piled in a messy bun on the top of my head.

"Did something happen?"

"Um, yeah, you could say that. Short version is, Nichole made Lucas the center of attention almost immediately after we got there, which made him uncomfortable. 

"What a bitch. She's so dumb."

"Yeah, I know," I groan.

"What's her house like?"

"I didn't go in, but even though it doesn't look like it, the house is massive. It's three stories, but the basement level is hidden from the front, you can only see all three levels from the back. She has a lot of land, but I didn't see a barn or anything."

"Damn."

"Yeah," I nod. "Then later, when Lucas was in the bathroom, some random creepy guy was trying to hit on me and he and Lucas got into it. Lucas decked him."

"Wait, what the fuck!?" she all but yells.

"Yeah, I had seen him just a couple minutes before hanging around Jesse. The guy caught me from falling when I slid in a puddle by the coolers and he trapped me in a corner of the outdoor kitchen. Lucas found us and when the guy kinda let me go, he provoked Lucas. He shoved him so Lucas straight decked him in the jaw. Brody shot up from where he was making out with some rando nearby and stopped it before it escalated further. Trey, who was off hooking up somewhere with Whitney I might add, came out to find the boys at a standoff basically, oh and we were surrounded by like half the party by that point. Nichole was nowhere to be found until it was basically over of course."

"Oh my God, that's crazy. I'm sorry!"

"It's okay," I shrug. "Do you wanna know the weird thing though?"

"Hm?"

"The creepy guy looked familiar. I can't figure it out though."

"You've probably just seen him around school, especially if he was with Jesse."

"Maybe...I don't know."

"Don't worry about it, he's not worth wasting your time."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."