Chapter 11

"Google, stop," I groan into my pillow on Tuesday morning after I wake up thanks to my alarm which has been going off in four minute intervals for the past ten minutes now, signaling that I have to get ready for school

"Google, stop," I groan into my pillow on Tuesday morning after I wake up thanks to my alarm which has been going off in four minute intervals for the past ten minutes now, signaling that I have to get ready for school. I'm already dreading going to school this morning considering the fact that Carson is supposedly having his first day at Henry Clay today and Lucas will probably be a bit of an asshole today, not that I entirely blame him.

Last night, Lucas had come over almost right after his practice, which had in fact turned into a double one because Lucas had shown up with a split lip and cracked knuckles. His coaches were less than pleased with him fighting, even though it was off campus, let alone in a different state.

Lucas and I ate dinner with my family, which afterwards, my mom let him stay later than normal, especially for a school night, so we ended up laying together in my bed where we shared multiple brief kisses, mostly playful noisy lip smacking ones, while episodes of Smallville played in the background from my laptop.

I roll over from my stomach to my back when the alarm stops and I rub my hand over my face, sighing this time, the hemline of my navy blue long sleeve top with a round neckline and white piped trim with the matching shorts with button closure. I'm sure my hair is a hot mess since I had chosen to leave it down instead of pulling it back into a low ponytail or a loose braid before climbing into bed last night. I rotate again, this time onto my left side to face the empty side of my bed where I remember falling asleep with Lucas still here, my backside pressed up against his front, his face buried into the crook of my neck, an arm under my neck and the other draped over my waist. I sigh again and flip over yet again onto my right side so I can grab my cell phone off of my nightstand to check it, where I find I have an unread text message from Lucas.

Lucas [09/07/2020 10:54 PM]: Go back to sleep my girl, I'm home. <3

Kaylin [09/08/2020 6:21 AM]: Morning babe. Sorry for falling asleep on you..again lol. I'll see you in a little while. <3

Roxy gets up from all my moving and moves from where she'd been sprawled out at the foot of my bed and she lays beside me. She rests her face on my chest, puppy dog eyeing me and barely wagging her tail across my duvet, just straight up begging for some attention she likes to think she's completely deprived of.

"Good morning sweet girl," I murmur, stretching my free hand out to gently stroke the top of her head. I decide only a minute or so later to drag myself out of bed, Roxy happily following behind me since she knows she'll get to go out and then have her breakfast when she comes back in.

 I decide only a minute or so later to drag myself out of bed, Roxy happily following behind me since she knows she'll get to go out and then have her breakfast when she comes back in