Chapter 18

"Kayl! Aubs! Up here!" I hear someone call out on Friday night later that same week when Aubrey and I reach the bottom of the stands at Henry Clay for the varsity football Homecoming game against Tate's Creek, a nearby high school

We drove together in her Terrain since I plan on going home with Lucas after the game, so it made more sense for her to drive because his truck is still at school.

It's been a rough week, so I'm looking forward to having some fun tonight with Lucas and our friends, win or lose. Just like the week prior, things have been awkward and tense, more so now that Grace and Carson are openly a thing to some level.

Grace still says they're not official, but he's been going around campus calling her his girlfriend, so who knows what's really going.

All I know is, is that I'm fucking over it.

Austin got a three-day suspension since it was the first time he's had any sort of trouble, other than being tardy a couple of times, for punching Carson. He's been avoiding us all since Monday's horrible lunch, including dodging Owen left and right who has even shown up at his house to check on him. He came back to school today, but he didn't sit with us at lunch and Owen and Hayden went to find him, but arrived back at the table without him, saying they couldn't find him.

Carson unsurprisingly got off scot-free from Monday's fight since he didn't actually touch Austin. He and Grace also stopped sitting with us, and have been on the other side of the cafeteria with Nichole and her friends, making the situation more torture since Grace knows intimate details about mine and Lucas's relationship.

Lucas and I would like to think that Grace wouldn't share any of the details she knows, but given everything that's happened, we don't know if that's the case now.

"Hey!" I call back to Tessa who is waving at us, finding her and Whitney sitting a few rows up from the bottom of the stands, almost perfectly centered with the fifty-yard line. I'm wearing my white long sleeve top with "#TEARITUP" which has a white hashtag and yellow lettering that is outlined in blue while there is "Henry Clay BLUE DEVILS" underneath in blue that is all on top of a vertical blue outline top of a football that is layered underneath my light blue denim cropped button-up jacket with a fringe rhinestone detail falling from the shoulders in the front and along the back. I have my medium blue washed pair of mid-rise skinny denim jeans with embellished dream catchers on the back pockets tucked inside of my brown pair of western boots with double rose scallops, embroidery on the fifteen-inch shafts, snip toes and two-inch heels. I straightened my hair and pulled it up into a high ponytail, my large silver rectangular hoops shining while my black envelope crossbody bag that has a snap closure and a partial chain link shoulder strap is sitting on my right shoulder. I took the time to doodle a "#4" in black eyeliner on my right temple by my eye while I was touching up my hair and makeup.

Like normal at the games, even though Lucas, Brody and Trey have some of their families attending as well and we know some of them, we don't end up sitting with them. We don't want to have to filter what we say around them about ourselves or the guys or whatever else we decide to talk about, so we just make sure to find them during halftime or after the game to say hello.