Chapter 15

"Jesus Christ!" I cry when a tap on my window scares me the next morning a few minutes after I have parked my Traverse in the parking lot at Henry Clay

"Jesus Christ!" I cry when a tap on my window scares me the next morning a few minutes after I have parked my Traverse in the parking lot at Henry Clay. I lean back against my seat, my right hand resting on my heaving chest before I notice it was Lucas who knocked his knuckles on the glass. I'm wearing my lavender short sleeve jumpsuit that has a v-neckline and a self-tie belt at the shirred elastic waistline that I've paired with my beige pair of platform sandals with ankle straps and straps across the toes, four-and-a-quarter inch block heels and three-quarter inch platforms. I straightened my hair before pulling it into a high ponytail, showing off my silver textured hoops. My blush backpack is on my passenger seat while my slightly oversized shine finished metal ivory cat eye sunglasses with a gold metal inlay around the wine gradient lenses are hiding my eyes.

"You okay?" he questions me, trying not to laugh at my reaction. He's dressed in his ardent short sleeve four button henley t-shirt he's paired with his dark blue washed pair of low-rise tapered leg denim jeans with whiskering details and his boots.

"Jesus, you practically gave me a heart attack!" I scold him while I roll down my window as he leans back against the passenger door of his Silverado that is parked beside me that I didn't notice pull up beside me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," he snickers with a smirk.

"Mhm, sure you didn't," I scoff at him. "Hold on," I add before I roll my window back up so I can grab my backpack and take my shut off my SUV using the automatic engine start/stop button. "Hi," I voice after I climb out, locking my car with a beep, dropping my key fob inside my backpack before placing it down on the hood of my vehicle.

"Hi babe," he greets me properly while he grabs my hips to pull me almost flush up against him, leaning down so he can kiss me. "How are you?" he asks me after I break away from the kiss.

"I'm good. What about you?" I answer, turning around to press my back against him, letting him wrap his arms around my waist.

"Better now that I'm with you," he replies before he presses a kiss along the left side of my neck, making me melt further into his embrace.

"Oh really?" I tease softly as Owen's 2020 army green Toyota Tacoma pulls into the parking spot on the other side of my car.

"Mhm," he hums, placing an even gentler kiss in the same spot he just kissed.

"Hey, where are Grace and Austin?" I question Savannah while she and Owen both get out of his truck, without the other couple who usually carpools with them.

"He had a doctor's appointment, he'll be here later," Owen snaps, all but slamming his driver side door closed. "Grace is a whole fucking different story. You don't want to get me started on her bullshit," he adds with the most mixed expression of annoyance and being pissed off that I've ever seen from him. He's normally pretty level headed and quiet, so hearing him talk that, especially about his best friend's girlfriend, is definitely concerning.